Discuss Parts for Switched fused isolator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

oscar21

Esteemed
Reaction score
As per normal I was in a rush and didn't get enough information. I was working in an apartment that didn't have any power and when I went to restore it I found the fuse/carrier was missing from the isolator in the switch room, I'm guessing the extra cautious handyman has removed it to prevent anyone getting injured. but, the handyman has now left and no-one knows where the fuse is so I was wondering if you could get just a new carrier without having to buy the whole unit. except now I'm not 100% sure of the make.

I thought it was a crabtree one but google doesn't throw anything at all in domestic switch fuses, its as if they don't exist at all according to google. Its your standard switched metal clad islotator that goes between the meter and SWA, it has a bog standard 100A switch in it, and a fuse and carrier behind a plastic cover, it looks similar to the old style wylex ones. To get the fuse carrier out you lift up a lever on the carrier and it ejects the carrier. Its not old either, building can only be anout 15 years old at most.

As per normal I was in a rush and didn't get enough information. I was working in an apartment that didn't have any power and when I went to restore it I found the fuse/carrier was missing from the isolator in the switch room, I'm guessing the extra cautious handyman has removed it to prevent anyone getting injured. but, the handyman has now left and no-one knows where the fuse is so I was wondering if you could get just a new carrier without having to buy the whole unit. except now I'm not 100% sure of the make.

I thought it was a crabtree one but google doesn't throw anything at all in domestic switch fuses, its as if they don't exist at all according to google. Its your standard switched metal clad islotator that goes between the meter and SWA, it has a bog standard 100A switch in it, and a fuse and carrier behind a plastic cover, it looks similar to the old style wylex ones. To get the fuse carrier out you lift up a lever on the carrier and it ejects the carrier. Its not old either, building can only be anout 15 years old at most.
If the switch is din mounted, would a generic din mounted 100A fuse holder not get you going? Thats how the lewden ones are. Or just buy a complete lewden one and use what you need?

If the switch is din mounted, would a generic din mounted 100A fuse holder not get you going? Thats how the lewden ones are. Or just buy a complete lewden one and use what you need?
I was hoping someone would post a picture of what I'm on about, the fuse holder is quite long and thin, its a custom part for this make I think. I've seen them before somehwere so its not a one off, has no-one heard of the crabtree sw/fuse isolator.

Maybe the whole isolator will need to be replaced but its such a lovely job that someone has done, all the feeds from the Ryefield type board are in nicely swept bright orange pyro by the looks of them and all the SWA are nice and neat as well. Even the communal board looks well over the top cost wise. I'll get some pictures next time I'm there.

Definitely not Wylex?

1690756941311.png

Inside (photo from different source) trusting I'm remembering right:
1690757120308.png

Its very similar but I'm sure it had green writing on it. I do know that Wylex and Crabtree consumer units are identical now but this building was built circa 2014 I think
I have a feeling those were also the same, wylex tech support are really good so you could ask, probably best to get a photo though

Reply to Parts for Switched fused isolator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net