Search the forum,

Discuss Pricing Commercial EICR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Stocksie

I've been asked to price 2 large sites owned by a Haulage operator in Newcastle.

Theyv'e asked me to quote for the work as I did alot of work after they had a catstrophic fire in one of there warehouses ( tab dump in a bin). i re routed SWA's and generally go stuff up and running again. So all in all I suppose I'm in there as they seem happy with me and I know the maintenance guy there.

There are about 240 circuits to test in total,(main section board, sub section boards and TP&N D.B's) the maintenence guy (Rob) helped out with the last PIR, he knows the place inside out and he will be with me all the time im there.

I'm a sole trader and thankfully always really busy so I dont need to buy the work I'm not the greatest fan of Insp & Test but it is all labour (initially) which is a plus.

Access to be provided by the client (cherry picker/fork truck & man basket)

How do you guys price such a job ? Price per circuit, day rate and approximate how many days.

Thanks !

Just that maintenance guy is called rob, we installed all new lighting in the building that burnt to the ground (yikes) I would be allowing half hour a circuit and plenty admin time to verify Certs, print schedules and present.

price per circuit on bigger inspections , its easier to come to a figure.
submains & radials will be quick and easy , 15mins each , lighting & rings around 45 mins.

Yeah I'm getting something like that. Seems cheap though for how involved it will be though.
I'm confident at how thourgh I am though. I think stuff is often skimmed over though on PIR's.The last one I did the last report was done from the guy's desk,so many errors and so much overlooked it was laughable

as it's a pretty big job, and labour only, then you could come down to £10/circuit. if you're a bit too low, then it's only a day or 2 of your time lost. at the end of the day, all depends on how much the client is willing to pay, but don't go so low that you have to cut corners.

I just priced/ won an industrial EICR, at about £8/ circuit. Thats all labelled u at the boards, mainly radials, 3 phase.

I think i have priced it well with 2 days and 5 guys to complete it im hoping. Boring weekend coming up...

I used to reckon an hour per circuit, an hour per DB , and then some office time - as its labour only your rate wants to reflect that and you can either go cheap and look for 3000 faults to put right or if your paid the right rate no need to record every clip thats missing !

I think I mentioned in the OP that there are no records or previous certs and the board labelling is sketchy to say the least.

Knowledge from the maintenance guy is the key here.

£8 and 10 per circuit if you know what your looking for maybe.

I've been asked to price 2 large sites owned by a Haulage operator in Newcastle.

Theyv'e asked me to quote for the work as I did alot of work after they had a catstrophic fire in one of there warehouses ( tab dump in a bin). i re routed SWA's and generally go stuff up and running again. So all in all I suppose I'm in there as they seem happy with me and I know the maintenance guy there.

There are about 240 circuits to test in total,(main section board, sub section boards and TP&N D.B's) the maintenence guy (Rob) helped out with the last PIR, he knows the place inside out and he will be with me all the time im there.

I'm a sole trader and thankfully always really busy so I dont need to buy the work I'm not the greatest fan of Insp & Test but it is all labour (initially) which is a plus.

Access to be provided by the client (cherry picker/fork truck & man basket)

How do you guys price such a job ? Price per circuit, day rate and approximate how many days.

Thanks !

Fork and basket/telehandler and basket is banned, I worked for a company that used to do it until they got warned......a company somewhere had somebody fall out on their head from one of those....

8 pound a circuit is for an unqualified polack or apprentice. i worked for a company that charged 80. also the new eicr takes longer to fill in than the old pir. depending on state of installation and experiance , should be able to work out. also more often than the repairs are priced for, and they do not act, or takes another year to raise money, so do not loose out on eicr

10 per circuit youl do well.. but it all depends how its layed out..

we done an old army camp building and we were able to the 5 boards in a day between 2 of us , but it was layed out and labled sweetly. but then someone has to type that all up at office ... id say go for £10 per circuit... if you think you can get more happydays..

Fork and basket/telehandler and basket is banned, I worked for a company that used to do it until they got warned......a company somewhere had somebody fall out on their head from one of those....
i know a guy who fell into a harbour along with the basket from a forklift lol basket wasn't secured to the forklift, if he had of been harnassed to the basket he was a goner

Reply to Pricing Commercial EICR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock