Currently reading:
problem

Discuss problem in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tbs1983

wonder if anyone can help. ive just passed my week long course to make me a fully qualified electrician. they taught me everything i need to know including that the live is brown and the neutral is blue. im now a self employed electrician with a nice new van which i bought with my redundancy money from the biscuit factory i worked in. i went to my first job today at a large cafe and opened up the fuse box thing and was a bit confused when i saw all these red, yellow and blue cables going into the fuses. im sure my teacher said blue is neutral. the cafe guy mentioned something about it that its a special fusebox with 3 lives or something but not 2 sure what he meant by that. can anyone help?

It took you a whole week to become fully qualified???
You must be a slow learner, because some of the builders around my way can watch an electrician do one job just once and they consider themselves qualified to carry out rewires and CU changes!!! ;)

Tbs, have you got any jobs? I was working for a housing association recently and I was put under the guidance of someone who I consider to be a very competent person and a wealth of information. He amazes me as every day he comes in and over night has seems to have gained even more information. I feel that from him I have learnt all I can about the electrical game and there is absolutely nothing more that any one could teach me.
Perhaps you know him. His name is Lofty.

tbs1983;743762. i went to my first job today at a large cafe and opened up the fuse box thing and was a bit confused when i saw all these red said:
I am not sure mate but i think as yuo say they are all live the best thing to do is join them all together in the biggest connector bloke you can find and roll a load of phase tape round them then if 2 dont work one will or if they all work you will have loads of ohms or watts or whatever they are called that makes electricity work

Hope this helps:smiley2:

and there's an excellent puplication by d. cockburn available from amazon. read that and you'll know everything you need to know in order to make safe installations lethal.

I'm shocked! Why would a poster with a perfectly legitimate line of questioning lie to us about a biscuit factory? Could it be that he didn't complete his biscuit making course and is trying to cover his tracks?

wonder if anyone can help. ive just passed my week long course to make me a fully qualified electrician. they taught me everything i need to know including that the live is brown and the neutral is blue. im now a self employed electrician with a nice new van which i bought with my redundancy money from the biscuit factory i worked in. i went to my first job today at a large cafe and opened up the fuse box thing and was a bit confused when i saw all these red, yellow and blue cables going into the fuses. im sure my teacher said blue is neutral. the cafe guy mentioned something about it that its a special fusebox with 3 lives or something but not 2 sure what he meant by that. can anyone help?

Reply to problem in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock