Discuss Dishwasher overflow problem in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DIY Tony

DIY
Reaction score
I have Curry's Essential tabletop dishwasher model CDWTT115 for nearly five years.
Earlier this year my machine have stopped running during a wash cycle programme and a glass programme indicator started flashing rapidly indicating a fault in the machine which the anti-flooding system have been activated, draining water out and I have discovered that the bottom base is wet with water.
According to the troubleshooting section on the manuals the possible causes is the hose or the tank is leaking or the float switch is broken or PCB is faulty.
On inspection inside the machine, the tank and hoses are fine and there is a small scorching mark on one of the connections to the float or overflow switch, this control the amount of water allowed in the tank. I guess this the the problem so I have ordered a new part and I have fitted it in myself.
Afterwards the machine work fine for the next few months until the problem have returned, sigh!
Again according to the manuals, two things is the float switch and the PCB circuit board.
Havng fitted new overflow switch earlier I suspect the PCB is the problem because the this is connected to the overflow switch which I have replaced earlier cos of scorching mark.
I then decided to replace the PCB board with new part.
(I always ensure the parts that I have ordered are compatible to my machine.)
But the problem of overflowing still persisting afterwards!

Any suggestions on how to solve this please?

There is three wiring connections to the overflow switch, one blue goes to the PCB and other two blue/white goes to the connections on the pump motor. The other connections on the motor are from the mains power.
Before I start spending money on expensive new part.
Is the problem lies with the motor or elsewhere?

Thank you in advance for any advice, really appreciated!

Reply to Dishwasher overflow problem in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net