Search the forum,

Discuss Rant about David Cameron telling Scotland what to do in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Having been in brum last year couldnt agree more alarmman.i liked the bit that came out I think last week about how after the toxteth riots in the 80s thatcher was advised to annexe Liverpool to steady economic decline! Which she supposedly turned down but I wonder if that's the truth.it just shows u the contempt that our elected members hold us in .if Cameron does try to force the subject of devolution on us it will come back to bite him right in the arse cos the welsh will want n the northern Irish as well .the defence issue is the big one tho.cos it would probably b like the home guard up here with fake guns n stuff cos we couldn't afford the real thing!least we have a choice unlike the north of England who are probably next in line to be annexed as A drain on the"economic powerhouse of the south east"at least I might get a scottish 20 accepted in the people's republic of north englander tho!

wouldnt be to hard to do we still have a wall plenty english brickies sat on their arses may as well get them to build it another ten feet taller,,,,one gate......just kidding love the jocks cant understand most of erm tho,,,,,cameron is a nob,,,

Having been in brum last year couldnt agree more alarmman.i liked the bit that came out I think last week about how after the toxteth riots in the 80s thatcher was advised to annexe Liverpool to steady economic decline! Which she supposedly turned down but I wonder if that's the truth.it just shows u the contempt that our elected members hold us in .if Cameron does try to force the subject of devolution on us it will come back to bite him right in the arse cos the welsh will want n the northern Irish as well .the defence issue is the big one tho.cos it would probably b like the home guard up here with fake guns n stuff cos we couldn't afford the real thing!least we have a choice unlike the north of England who are probably next in line to be annexed as A drain on the"economic powerhouse of the south east"at least I might get a scottish 20 accepted in the people's republic of north englander tho!

peoples republic of northern england has a ring too it..:goofy: the south can go it alone for me..

The thought of chairman salmond running the show sends a shiver down my spine tho.saw Cameron on the news tho n I think it was sound bite politics from him to deflect scrutiny of bigger agendas like Europe,his chumminess with big business etc etc etc.this lot hav head long enough to sort out the shambles that labour left n I for one wish that they would step up n lead with some conviction.30 years on from thatchers hay day n we are still no further forward from the last big recession.i have no political allegiance to any party but what I have realised is that the do not give a ---- about the working class man wether he be scots ,Irish ,English or welsh.if I am late wi my tax or vat I get jumped on.....but if I'm vodafone n I'm due 6 billion well that's another story

I see that Dave today says Scotland would lose the right to use the pound if independent.would we use the euro?ithink not as it will be dead in a year.groats,bawbees,and sheep is the currency up here mr Cameron,or so you would like to think.he is really getting on my nerves with this chest puffing excersise.what about a uk referendum on eu membership that was promised??thats the real deal n he damn well knows it.oh n I would vote no to independence.

It will be interesting to see how things develop on this

As a proud Scot I would like to state that I am most certainly NOT anti English- I actually choose to have my family holidays in Devon (as we do not see the round thing in the sky you call the sun often up here)
I also would like either independence, or FFA / Devo Max.

As far as devo max goes this is most certaily not having cake and eating it- this means that the Scots Government would HAVE TO live within it's means. They COULD NOT be subsidised from the rest of the UK (as they would have to raise enough to run Scotland AND pay the UK for defence / foreign affairs etc)
Most posters on here don't realise FFA (Full Fiscal Autonomy / Devo Max) would make the Scots fully aware of their spending and income situation
It isn't about being anti anything- it's about making choices for our country (whether it is part of the UK or seperate).
It's about the Scottish Parilament making choices for Scotland - without interfering in English matters at Westminster

After reading the UK goverenment MCCRONE Report it makes you realise why the UK are trying to hold on to Scotland so much

More on MccRone Report

Whether you like what camelface says or not England and Scotland are stronger united. There are just as many Scots live in England as do in Scotland. Personally i would happily live in Scotland, I love the place, apart from the rain and midges that is. I think we all knew salmond would get on his high horse the secound cameron opened his mouth. Lets not forget the English have a say in this aswell, theres no need getting uperty and nationalistic and whats this nonsense about letting 16 year olds vote.

It really must rile the big Westminster parties that "camelface" et al manage to win an overall majority in a voting system (proportional representation) that was designed never to allow such a thing to happen. They really have no idea that the right wing and ultra right wing politics embraced by Milliband and Cameron respectively do not sit well with the people of Scotland as a whole.

Take for example my Local MSP, John Pentland. He stood for election last year with the previous labour MSP having something like a 10k majority. He was returned with something like a 600 majority this time. And that 30% swing was repeated in almost every "safe" labour seat right across central Scotland.

i look forward with relish to hearing William Hague congratulating the people of Scotland for their courage in taking such a momentous step much the same as he did with the people of South Sudan last year when the secceded from Sudan.

Edit - Just listened to First Ministers Question time on BBC I-Player (See link below) . Refreshing to hear some adult questions and responses from all parties compared to that embarrasing rabble that is PMs Question Time in Westminster.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b0195qbh

Last edited:

Reply to Rant about David Cameron telling Scotland what to do in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock