Discuss Rant about David Cameron telling Scotland what to do in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

baldelectrician

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just watched the Andrew Marr show on BBC1 and heard David Cameron go against his own word say he will bring the referendum date forward and force a date on the Scottish people

I nearly did an old man thing and shout at the telly :rolleyes4:

Although, after the election he said that would be a matter for the Scottish Parilament to decide the date of the referendum

Whether you agree or disagree with Scotland going seperate this move is for the detriment of the UK.

I can see it now-
"they are now forcing the referndum date on us...... a vote for independence is the only way to stop us being forced into things again"........

David Cameron 0 - SNP 1

Discuss

Just watched the Andrew Marr show on BBC1 and heard David Cameron go against his own word say he will bring the referendum date forward and force a date on the Scottish people

I nearly did an old man thing and shout at the telly :rolleyes4:

Although, after the election he said that would be a matter for the Scottish Parilament to decide the date of the referendum

Whether you agree or disagree with Scotland going seperate this move is for the detriment of the UK.

I can see it now-
"they are now forcing the referndum date on us...... a vote for independence is the only way to stop us being forced into things again"........

David Cameron 0 - SNP 1

Discuss

never really looked into it tbh,but living in ne england id gladly be part of scotland,just move that wall a few mile south wont take long..:smartass: but will scotland be totally independent ie living off what comes in ie oil gas etc or will it have to rely on handouts/subsides from the uk(london) aka stab city,if so thats not real independence and will still rely on london to give money to survive,as london is the centre of the universe apparently..tho i prefer to go shopping on boxing day and come home alive.:nonod:..give me scotland anyday

All I want is for England to adopt the zero cost of perscriptions, zero cost of university fees and zero cost of care for the elderly...

but that won't happen will it

More like Scotland will introduce these charges.......

If Scotland waves goodbye.I dont care much for the chances of whats left of the United kingdom

It may have to be called Northern Wengland or even Englewalnorth or Wangleiresland

This (Cameron) really ****es me off- there are more pandas in Scotland than tory MP's- yet he seems to think he can dictate things to the Scots after saying it was a Scottish matter and he would not interfere

A word of warning- as well as oil Scotland has a lot of resources, there is a lot of renewable energy, over 51% of europes carbon capture and storage capacity
There is also just as much oil on the West of Scotland that has not been touched, not forgetting the £300bn still avilable in the North Sea

Things can be run better up here (if you exclude the Labour run things like the Scottish Parliament construction, and the Tram fiasco that the SNP were against). Almost all of their projects (since 2007) have came in under budget, and ahead of time.

The M74 extension came in £50m-£60m under budget and 6 months ahead of schedule

Scotland contributes more % GDP than it gets in- see HERE

"Scotland generated 9.4% of UK tax with 8.4% of the population - the equivalent of £1,000 extra for every man, woman and child in Scotland.

This sponging Scots gets my goat

At the end of the day,the economic argument is irrelevant

Any country should have the right to say what its status is to be
That right is irrespective of their economic prospects

The people who site a poor economy as an argument against independance have lost the plot
It can be used to sway the decision but the right to make that decision should not be interfered with

Mind you who bailed out RBS??

The people who benefited from the years of tax revenue
Remember all the crap about Iceland- not a peep now as they DIDN'T bail out the banks, I would have let them go and secured individuals and small businesses upto £150k. They are now doing well

As a share of the UK, Scotland would have to bear 10% of the costs of the bail out (as the population mix goes), but Scotland would have 10% of the UK assets outwith it's territioial waters. This means 10% of all the embassies, even 10% of the territories and 10% of the liabilities as well.

I'm not for full seperation, my preferred option is FFA (Full Fiscal Autonomy) where the monies raised in Scotland stay there and we pay a share of the defence budget (with the exception of the nuclear deterent that the Scots don't want)
This includes a geographical share of the oil (>85%) in the north sea

We can then make decisions that benefit our country (like invest the money in developing Carbon Capture and Storage, which could be a real moneyspinner)
They did this with wind technology in the 1980's, the rights went to Germany and Denmark- which is where we are now buying our wind technology from

Last edited:
bald electrician seems to have swallowed alex salmonds words as gospel.if the new eden is an independant scotland why are so many scots not for it?

Once Brusselles has its way any countries with money will be subsidising those without - the race to the bottom as China et all who don't give a dam will be where the money will be. Europe will dissappear under a sea of paperwork and rules....

However much it may irk me and others in Scotland, Cameron gets to tell us what to do because he is Prime Minister of GB .

Our democracy put him there and it is up to the Scottish people to vote and show him that there is a strong wish for Scotland to run its own affairs.

As to separaration from England, I have no great desire to break the union but do wish that Scotland could be more independent but still contribute to GB as a whole. I love the diversity of people and places throughout GB.

all other arguments aside. it makes a change from a scottish idiot telling the rest of the UK what to do . i refer of course to the destroyer of Britain as a whole, gordon ( tax grabber ) brown.

all other arguments aside. it makes a change from a scottish idiot telling the rest of the UK what to do . i refer of course to the destroyer of Britain as a whole, gordon ( tax grabber ) brown.

Plus no Scottish Labour MP's could vote on Enlish matters so maybe it would be a good idea after all! lol

britain is a word id use,because as a kingdom we are not united ,this land is 50 countries in one,i believe its a british thing,the yanks are one the brits are a land made up of regional identities,each better than every other.

I had this debate with my bro in law n his dad (who is welsh by the way)at new year about devolution n the like.
my view is that we are far too integrated for a complete split to happen.
The controversial beauly to Denny line that as just started is all about getting all the big wind farms on stream to the 400 kv transmission lines in the central belt for export to England.my bro works in the oil industry n he says the easy oil in the north sea has been got.does not mean to say its dry tho eh mr Cameron?point is u need us as much as we need u.i was in London in July n could not believe the amount of public infrastructure projects on the go mostly for the Olympics I guess.now what benefitis that to me.or a super rail link from brum to London?seems to me that the condemns think that the uk stops at Watford even more than ever.as for salmond his politics are crap but he talks a good game.....like most of these mp types eh?

I had this debate with my bro in law n his dad (who is welsh by the way)at new year about devolution n the like.
my view is that we are far too integrated for a complete split to happen.
The controversial beauly to Denny line that as just started is all about getting all the big wind farms on stream to the 400 kv transmission lines in the central belt for export to England.my bro works in the oil industry n he says the easy oil in the north sea has been got.does not mean to say its dry tho eh mr Cameron?point is u need us as much as we need u.i was in London in July n could not believe the amount of public infrastructure projects on the go mostly for the Olympics I guess.now what benefitis that to me.or a super rail link from brum to London?seems to me that the condemns think that the uk stops at Watford even more than ever.as for salmond his politics are crap but he talks a good game.....like most of these mp types eh?

apparently birmingham is the most northern part of england,what that says for the rest of england i dont know,maybe its southern scotland...heres hoping..as far as a high speed link,i coudnt think of two better places id be happy to find a fast way out of..

Reply to Rant about David Cameron telling Scotland what to do in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock