Currently reading:
Removing a relay

Discuss Removing a relay in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm trying to learn more about relays.
Can someone link to a resource that describes how they work? I mean like a wiring diagram of 1L1 3L2 5L3 2T1 4T2 6T3...
Here is a LC1K09 that is connected to a lighting circuit.
What are the alternative ways to remove/disconnect it and instead have the switching done manually?
By manually I mean either with a circuit breaker or wall switch.
190B4865-C799-4DF3-95E5-0A1D2225FD28.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as the wireless receiver, the CU / distributing board is in the same section of the shop where they cannot have customers accessing the switch. I suppose I could have built some sort of cage with lock around the switch but that would cost even more than a new wireless switch for which they were already unwilling to pay.

Fishtail key switch then.

Yes, that would be a good solution if it didn't cost about the same as a new Schneider Connect switch. ~100€
Like these:
Do you not have something like this available - they are about £2 in the UK
1622056193328.png

Sorry, maybe a UK terminology thing. I meant a switch which is operated by a small fishtail shaped metal key, so it cannot be operated by anybody who doesn't have one.

Sorry, maybe a UK terminology thing. I meant a switch which is operated by a small fishtail shaped metal key, so it cannot be operated by anybody who doesn't have one.
Thanks. I'll look for one like that. It'll still be difficult to convince them to spend another hour of labor time when they have something that works for them already.

Reply to Removing a relay in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock