Search the forum,

Discuss Rewire a table lamp - any help appreciated! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

There are quite a number of LED floodlights lasting about as long as a halogen tube, OK these have been from a number of cheaper suppliers, but it's a shocking waste of raw materials having to replace entire fittings every 12 months. I've had a number of expensive brand name fittings fail as well. All were installed in a way that was ideal as far as ventilation was concerned.

I must say I'm starting to hate LED lighting a bit, some of the products are so awful and are designed in such a way that installing the luminaire is almost impossible to do. I now outright refuse to fit Wickes branded LED floodlights as they are literally impossible to install, the designers need a good smack. As do all the other manufacturers that provide a silly little bit of flex out of the fitting or power supply, instead of providing proper terminals. And the less said about LED floods with built in PIRs the better!

Reply to Rewire a table lamp - any help appreciated! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello! I design and build lamps, which has been a simple task so far, but I've decided to dip my toe into the dubious world of 120v LED PCBs for...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to rewire an antique metal standard lamp. It has been rewired previously, but not earthed..! One of the screws on the base has a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock