Discuss Seaward Nova PAT Tester in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

melco

Hello, can anyone tell me where I can get an instruction Manual for a Seaward Nova Pat Tester ( not supernova ) Hard copy or download. Mny thanks, Melco.:confused:

Perhaps you should take a course in Inspection and Testing Electrical Equipment as you obviously are not able to work out how to use your tester you may not be aware of the requirements either. I am not being unkind, proper training is essential and if you take your seaward to the course your tutor can show you properly how to use it

Presumably you have a crystal ball at your disposal. I don't have a Seward Pat tester, I am just trying to get hold of a manual for on outdated model. Please don't think I am being unkind, thanks for you help.(Not)

Presumably you have a crystal ball at your disposal. I don't have a Seward Pat tester, I am just trying to get hold of a manual for on outdated model. Please don't think I am being unkind, thanks for you help.(Not)

Sorry melco, misunderstood your need

Melco, are you sure it's called a 'Nova'?
Been in testing a few years and know Seaward well but am a bit stumped.

Only thing I can think of is the Mark I of the Supernova may have had this name, but as far as I was aware this was only produced in small numbers and only used for field-testing the unit which became the Supernova after some major changes!

Hi Duntestin

Yes it' called the Nova, The model before the Supernova. Here is an image and description taken from www.pat.training.co.uk/second_user_pat.htm

nova.jpg
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Seaward Nova PAT Tester SOLD[/FONT]​
Seaward Nova PAT testers rarely come up for resale. This is a feature packed fast tester that even the MOD use. It has 4 types of sockets to accept a range of plugs (The Supernova Plus only has two!). The Seaward Nova can be powered from either 230V or 115V and can perform the following tests: Earth Tests @ 100mA, 4A, 10A, 25A, Fuse Test, Insulation test @ 500V or 250V, Flash test, Substitute Leakage Test, IEC lead test and Power tests include Touch current and leakage tests. The Nova unit does not store test results, comes with shoulder strap, and rolls of PASS and FAIL labels.

I did manage to get hold of a copy of a manual.

Many thanks for your reply. Melco.

Melco,
Thanks for the pic and advert, I do know this machine! It's not actually a tester made before the Supernova, it was made at the same. Although the ad suggests it 'was used' by the MoD, I think you'll find that it was specially made, and only sold to, the MoD to be used on their sites by their staff. This is why you will rarely find one for sale as, in theory, they were paid for with public money and would be destroyed as shouldn't be sold on!!

Seems you bought it in good faith though, so don't worry about it!
(Just keep proof of purchase!)
Good luck with the testing.

Reply to Seaward Nova PAT Tester in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net