Search the forum,

Discuss Steely eyed weasal suppliers; in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ianthebadger

Today we have been shafted by weasel eyed ******* suppliers, who on Monday said, 'your panels are secured and will be delivered' today they said, 'what panels'?

Come the time when they have stock and are trying to dump it(which will be soon) guess what? I willtake more than a little delight in telling them to 'stick it where the inverter won't register

We had the same issue with an inverter that we ordered. Went to pick it up and they had run out. Apparently, when we ordered it their system was down. By the time it came back up again, they had sold the rest of their stock (exactly how other people secured their stock while the 'system was down' is anyones guess).

Anyway, they didn't think this was an issue that I needed to know about UNTIL I actually sent someone to pick the ordered inverter up.

I also notice that a lot of the distributors have raised the price of equipment. I will not forget it.

And there you have it. Perhaps it's time for a name and shame greedy supp-liars thread. We've kept our accounts in order but it counts against us because they are selling to new customers to get a higher price :(

After the dust has settled and these distributors are struggling for business, their attitude will change. But I will not forget.

At the end of this manic rush I will happily name and shame all the distributors that have spectacularly let me down.

I remember during the fuel strikes one garage charging outragous amounts as they had stock. they went bust less than 6 months later.
short term greed leads to long term pain!

I will happily name and shame the lot of them. We are logging the phone calls that we are having also.

They keep using "We're busy" as an excuse, yet none of them are coming in before 9am nor working weekends. I've worked 18 hour days all of this week and personally carried out 6 installs - yet aside from the fact that the handover pack will reach them in December rather than a week later, the service that they have received has not been compromised at all - apart from the gentleman that I installed for yesterday who currently has a garden full of panels because my supplier messed up again.

If I had let a customer down like these people have I literally wouldn't sleep. They should be ashamed of themselves.

stockists increasing there prices on panels & inverters etc , name and shame them , don,t use them again

Surely some price increases are inevitable if staff are having to be paid overtime to work longer? We're not getting quite the same deal on multiple purchases that we would have had 10 days ago but we deal primarily with Segen and Carbomat who have both been working longer hours and Saturdays.

They aren't all the same, some credit needs to be given to some of the staff who like us may not have jobs after 12/12 and don't need to have the same commitment as we do.

My delivery problems are with other wholesalers who didn't provide a good service in the first place and have undoubtedly collapsed under the strain. Short of roof kit for about 4 houses will be doing partial installs if absolutely necessary. What else can you do ....

Reply to Steely eyed weasal suppliers; in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net