Search the forum,

Discuss Still worthwhile? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Solar inverter replacement / repair should also be factored into any potential customers calculations.

SMA repair inverters in the UK for something like £300-£400.

Many other cheaper inverters may have to be replaced.

Customers should look to buy reliable, quality inverters with compatible solar pv hardware in a

system, designed and installed by professionals.

The recession has brought a lot of "doom and gloom", but its created opportunities for

those willing to look.

Right now lots of professional solar engineers stand idle.

Wholesalers are dumping quality inverters on the market at sub wholesale prices.

Solar pv panels are getting very cheap.

Smart people, can now install quality solar pv systems at very competitive prices with

minimal capital outlay compared to 2011.

Last edited:
Well said guys !! I'm getting squeezed on a really well spec'ed system margins are tight as it is. I guess customers see the price drops and think its within our control.

Well said guys !! I'm getting squeezed on a really well spec'ed system margins are tight as it is. I guess customers see the price drops and think its within our control.

not surprised there they always think they can pull the strings and play you off each other

maybe you could do a thread fb on the investers forum stating this i know your a fan

I have suggested it a few times on investment forums.

I'm not an active member on investment forums at the moment.
I find myself very unpopular and on the receiving end of a lot of unpleasant comments at major market turn points (I believe one such turn is upon us; the next leg down for stockmarkets and the economy).
Everyone's patting themselves on the back for achieving good returns "so-and-so is up 30% in the last few months" and they're counting-up how filthy rich they're going to get over the next several months as "it's going to go up another 30%!" - and then a party-pooper like me says "er.....calm down lads: now you've all piled-in, who is left to buy? Nothing goes up forever".
I find myself unpopular because I'm "being fearful when others are greedy and being greedy when others are fearful" to borrow a phrase from one of the World's greatest investors (Warren Buffett).

With great respect to FB, and Vegelen, and Sedgy 34, and others, who, having read your comments I know i'd get on with in real life but - for me, "is it worthwhile?" isn't about money, its about the terrible things we're doing to the planet and the ways we can help to make sure there's still a planet humans can live on.

I know, I've completely missed the point of this thread.

It's not just still "worthwhile", it's a moral imperative!

With great respect to FB, and Vegelen, and Sedgy 34, and others, who, having read your comments I know i'd get on with in real life but - for me, "is it worthwhile?" isn't about money, its about the terrible things we're doing to the planet and the ways we can help to make sure there's still a planet humans can live on.

I know, I've completely missed the point of this thread.

It's not just still "worthwhile", it's a moral imperative!

This ^

Reply to Still worthwhile? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net