Search the forum,

Discuss Supply isolators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi,

just a quick thought before I buy a load of plastic ones...

would you say that a supply isolator for the meter tails also needs to be in a metal enclosure with ref 421.1.201?

i was just about to buy another 20 isolators and it suddenly occurred to me.
I wouldn't buy a load of them, unless you can install before the 1st Jan! I asked Wylex if their were going to manufacture an A3 metal SWF, and they said one's being developed. Question, would installing in a meter box on the outside of a property, be 'within' a domestic property?

Reply to Supply isolators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Quick question. I want to put an isolating 2p switch on my incoming supply from the meter to the board. I want this to allow easier board changes...
Replies
Views
I have taken delivery of an undersink water heater. It is fitted with an RCD on the electrical supply cable which terminates with a euro-plug. I...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
Hi we have been asked to run a 3 phase supply into a boiler house to feed a DB fed from next to the existing meter. Would we need to install Tails...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So my factory needs more power, currently 100A/3p (70KVA) => 400A/3p (200KVA) UKPN wont upgrade existing supply and are insisting on new...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back