Discuss Supply to static permanent residence caravan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It's funny about that, arranging breakers/fuses in order, with highest load nearest to main switch, I always do this on a new install, but wouldn't rearrange an existing board just to keep the order if, say adding a new circuit. I know it probably doesn't matter, just the way I do it. I suppose it's just like not taking sugar in my tea, it's the way I was brought up.

Columbo here, one last thing..... or should they (non RCD mcbs) be reordered in load order, highest at lhs?
One manufacturer spec I was reading (may have been drinking at the time) advised spreading the ccts so that MCB with simultaneous high loads are not side by side. Potential heat soak issue perhaps?

Woaaaaaaa! Really one last thing, I've uploaded a pic of van cu, here's why.
Was busy minding my own business happily glanding the new feed, and decided to check out the board with a temp supply with correct polarity into existing ex caravan site blue flex,well the neutral bar is live, the way it would have been on site. It's got a tested by sticker and number on it, I'll maybe save that for later.
Never worked with these Hager units, but looks like rccb is wired wrong.
I've checked for terminal markings and diagram, but none,and not much out in Internet land, it's a cd240u.
The way it's wired is
Topleft. L in
Top right. N in
B left. N to busbar
B right. L busbar link to mcbs.

I guess there are a couple of ways of rectifying, looking for some pointers if anyone has experience of these french unit s please.

As I say, polarity of temp supply is true.

View attachment 35586

Ok, so no sarky pointers!
Personally I will choose option 1 and maybe 2.
1. Swap the incomers for the temp supply, which I will do anyway will when the permie swa is ready and tested.
2. Phone the t#sser on the last checked sticker, and pretend I am a salesman from the iet to see if he wants a couple of books.

Other than that little annoyance the rest of the van is decent and safe!

Wonder how many more he connected up on sites?

Reply to Supply to static permanent residence caravan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net