Currently reading:
T5 single light fitting

Discuss T5 single light fitting in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi there

customer has requested a T5 fitting (21w) fitting to be fitted to fitted wardrobes. now i plan to wire the light via sw fused spur (fused at 3 amps) to a local socket on the downstairs ring main. now ive noticed that the power cord supplied with this type of fitting is only 0.75mm flex which im sure is good for 6amps. i will probbably have to extend the this via junction box.

i usually use 1.5mm for lighting would it be acceptable to just use 0.75mm flex direct to sw fsu ??? as the power cord supplied is only 0.75mm. again fused at 3amps so cant see why not

any thoughts

Is there any reason why you don't want to use 1.5mm T&E?

Edit: You could of course extend the 2.5mm (assuming that's what's in the sockets) to the FCU and then the 0.75mm flex straight from there...

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah mate i believe 0.75mm will be fine as long as it is fused down as you described. Are you able to get into the fitting and replace the entire length rather than extending?? maybe extra work but might look a little better IMO

no there sealed units you have to use the power cord.plan to use a small 5amp jb neatly concealed behind the wardrobe pelmet.

and yes jonny plan to extend 2,5mm to sw fsu ( will provide isolation of light fitting) then flex 0.75mm to light fitting, fused at3amps

Reply to T5 single light fitting in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back