Discuss Texecom Alarm issues in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

DCalarmed

DIY
Reaction score
Hi everybody.
We had a Texecom system installed 3 years ago.
Earlier this year we had a battery problem and the installer came back and changed the battery but he said it was running down way too fast when he tested it.
He also found that the system was throwing up lots of errors and was no longer connecting to the internet and he spoke to Texecom who sent out a new board free of charge.
He came back and installed the new hardware, new battery and he also changed all our PIRs from wired to wireless. he also reattached the front door sensor which had come off(and came off again within a couple of days)
He switched off the outside box and said he'd be back in a few weeks to check that everything was now functioning correctly and then he would switch the box back on.
The coms are working again and we are getting notifications from the system.
9 months later and no sign of him returning, can't get a hold of him. We haven't paid him a penny for all this work.

Trouble is that we are getting PIR battery low notifications.

We haven't armed the alarm since.

Can I change the PIR batteries myself? How to switch on the external box so at least the lights flash.

Many thanks,
David

Reply to Texecom Alarm issues in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I was ironing and lost power to the bedroom and bathroom. All outlets and lights. I checked the box and reset breakers still no power. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I currently have a Pyronix Enforcer V10 Wireless alarm system. I have some shock/contacts on windows, doors, PIRs, and an external siren...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! (Note, this is not a DIY, I'm using a fully qualified electrician, just posting here...
Replies
Views
Daughter has bought a house and it has a home security system, G-Tag setup. Issue is the alarm panel displays are pixelated and you cant see...
Replies
Views
I’ve recently moved into a property with a Texecom premier elite system. I’ve been given the engineers code and have read up on the alarm. It...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock