Currently reading:
Typical Max. demand for a medium commercial premises?

Discuss Typical Max. demand for a medium commercial premises? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

alanl

I'm doing my 2396 design project, and would like some clues about typical commercial installations, and their maximum demand and incomers.
Its a large Argos style shop, I've got the max. demand at 500Amps, that could probably come down to around 400 or so with diversity, that'd give me a TP-N supply of 150A per phase (are there 150A incoming fuses, or would it be 200A?).
Does this seem about right for a largish shop?
If not, what would be a typical size of incoming cut out fuses, and the max. demand?
Thanks
Alan.

160a fuses. I suppose it depends on what method you use to work out diversity. I'm getting towards this part of my 2391-20 project too. I haven't really thought about what method of diversity to use. I may use the demand factors from the electricians design guide, if i can find one that applies to a fire station!

Yes, diversity is a pain. There are 3 main power consumers in this one, a 63A HVAC, 45A lift and a 32A hoist. After that, there are 2 6kw fan heaters, and just the usual 'loads of lighting' in a shop, and tills etc.
The lighting will have to be rated at 90%, as per the OSG, as all of it is likely to be on during opening hours. The powe supplies, well the lift and hoist have to be full loads, the rest can be whatever the Designer deems necessary.
There isnt a right or wrong answer, but you do have to justify why you have used a figure.
For instance, I have some socket outlets in the shoproom area which are unlikely to be used except for cleaning equipment, so they can be rated at 5A I think for diversity purposes, as they are used so little that they can almost be dismissed as load users.

Reply to Typical Max. demand for a medium commercial premises? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back