Discuss Unusual singles from Batt Cables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I was working with some odd singles today from Batt Cables, they seemed to have a plastic like braid between the insulation and the copper, almost as if it's some kind of fire rated cable, I don't believe it was LS either, it was a bit of a pita to get rid of the braid and my prysmian rolls weren't like this. Is this anything anyone else has seen before? I can't even find anything detailing it on their site.

I can post pics tomorrow since I have a few scraps but I don't feel like walking outside in the pouring rain to grab them.

Here's a picture, forgot to post on Monday.

Attachments

• PXL_20240226_132516892.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 39
Fire resistant,

No wonder, I thought it was something like that, but I've never seen it in singles, only FP.
Cheers.

No wonder, I thought it was something like that, but I've never seen it in singles, only FP.
Cheers.
Having seen the attempts by some fire alarm companies at installing steel conduit that's probably a good thing. I saw one company recently fitting conduit to boxes and couplers by grinding the outside of the tube thin and hammering it in instead of threading it...

Having seen the attempts by some fire alarm companies at installing steel conduit that's probably a good thing. I saw one company recently fitting conduit to boxes and couplers by grinding the outside of the tube thin and hammering it in instead of threading it...
It's as if they've never heard of conlok.

I played with that stuff once, didn't really like it. Rather do it properly. That and got to justify buying an electric threader. Useful for joining into an old conduit in a tight location where you cant thread it though.

I played with that stuff once, didn't really like it. Rather do it properly. That and got to justify buying an electric threader. Useful for joining into an old conduit in a tight location where you cant thread it though.
I have used it a couple of times, I do like it but it depends on the circumstances, they say it can be used for outdoor/wet areas with CT1 in the joints but I'd probably want to thread it for that. Indoor where you're just looking for the impact resistance (or looks) though it's a lot easier, last time I used it I used a mixture of threaded and conlok since I was fitting 3+ meter sections high up on my own, would have been a nightmare to do fully threaded.

Reply to Unusual singles from Batt Cables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net