Currently reading:
what grinds your gears?

Discuss what grinds your gears? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

It grinds my gears when you're in a queue and the person behind you seems to want to press them self up against you, as if it's going to make the queue move any quicker. You move forward to give yourself a bit of space and they move forward as well. Same when you're trying to park and the person behind you doesn't understand the concept of reverse parking; put your indicator on, slow down, pull past the space, put the vehicle into reverse so your reverse lights come on, and some clown pulls up right behind you so you can't move. What do they think you're trying to do? Just being silly in the middle of the road?

Healthy ostentation - the person who goes into the pub and expects a cranberry juice or at the very least a wide range of healthy non-alcoholic alternatives. Then they go outside to the smoking area because everyone else is out there, and start coughing and wafting the smoke around. Puff on a vapestick and they'll start moaning about that if you're doing something they're not.
Then there's the people who go into a cafe and expect a cup of hot water for free so they can use their own herbal teabag, eat their own fruit or organic yoghurt, take up a table for an hour or so and leave having hardly spent any money but leaving a mess behind for the staff to clear up. Or eating fruit on public transport or any other confined public space - stinking the place out, leaving the waste lying around for someone else to clear up, oh but that's apparently fine because they're being healthy. Come to that, anyone who expects to be able to constantly graze all day. Tradition dictates three meals a day - breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with a gap of at least a few hours in between being a reasonable expectation, but there are people who expect refreshments to be provided on every train or aeroplane journey regardless of duration; if it's not free they moan about the price, if not provided at all they take their own.

And cyclists, wobbling around in the middle of the road making a nuisance of them selves, flashing their strobe lights into drivers' eyes, ignoring traffic signals, using foul and abusive language, going around behaving as they please because they're out getting some exercise, which is healthy, and therefore they can do no wrong.

People who sniff, especially in exams. It gets towards the end of the exam, time is running out, and the moron behind tries to jog their memory by banging on the desk, leaning forward and snivelling into the ear of the person in front.

When the people in front of you in the que do not have the money ready.

When the same people insist on putting every coin in its place before vacating the till area.

People that leave their car at the pump and decide to do a monthly shop.

Not saying thanks when stopping to let someone cross at a zebra crossing.

When you get to site at 16:00 on a Friday, open the last light fitting to be replaced and you find the lamp is smashed.

The Royal family, Carol ******* Voldemorte, Boy racers, chavs with Staffies, groups of kids hanging around looking very sus, 2 checkouts open with 45 people waiting, Checkout operators who don't offer to pack, screaming kids, Scousers, Mel ******* B, Energy companies, customer services in Delhi, plastic handbags., Brie, burgers.

tufnel-cartoon.jpg

For Wor Trev and other musos.

----------->>>>>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3L4EZwmRrA <<<<<--------------

Last edited by a moderator:

When the same people insist on putting every coin in its place before vacating the till area.

When you get to site at 16:00 on a Friday, open the last light fitting to be replaced and you find the lamp is smashed.
OMG you didn't get thanked for stopping at a zebra crossing, tempted not to stop next time?

The Highway Code gives pedestrians priority at zebra crossings, why should they have to thank you just for following the rules?

Your coming over as a 'boy racer', grow up ffs!

My Marshall stack only goes to 10........Talking about volumes at my last gig the mixer guy was angry at my band because we had all are amps cranked haha! I want to see his face next time i go back going to bring 2
Your stage volume should be dictated by how hard the drummer hits. The PA is there to do the ear drum bursting mate. Remember, the audience are there for one night and will have time for their ears to adjust back to normal. You could be there night after night after night cranking it out.
Stage volume (relatively) low, house volume LOUD ENOUGH TO PIN THEM ALL TO THE BACK WALL

The Highway Code gives pedestrians priority at zebra crossings, why should they have to thank you just for following the rules?

Because my mum taught me to. Courtesy costs nothing.

The highway code also says to give way to buses and they tend to say thank you.

Remember these are what make MY gears grind.

Add to my list people not saying thank you when you hold the door for them. Is this one OK Dave!?

Reply to what grinds your gears? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock