Discuss What should Ido to prepare for my NaAPIT first assessment ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am trying to join NAPIT for CPS membership, as I am waiting for the first assessment. I want to know if anyone here knows what should I do to prepare for it?

I will appreciate all your help and advice.

Thanks.

first off, welcome to the forum.
Secondly, I’ve had a drink but will do besuu I can.

make sure all later work is on order. Insurance, calibration etc... they send check list through email yog.

you’l gets ask questions on regs, can use books so don’t woot.
Looks at job, earth bonding etc.. carry out tests some it’s easy.
font worth. It’ll be ok mate. ??

first off, welcome to the forum.
Secondly, I’ve had a drink but will do besuu I can.

make sure all later work is on order. Insurance, calibration etc... they send check list through email yog.

you’l gets ask questions on regs, can use books so don’t woot.
Looks at job, earth bonding etc.. carry out tests some it’s easy.
font worth. It’ll be ok mate. ??
Thank you mate.
do you have any idea about the second assessment? Should I show them any job I have done or is there a specific job that they will need to see?

Thank you mate.
do you have any idea about the second assessment? Should I show them any job I have done or is there a specific job that they will need to see?

No worries mate, I’ll try and make more sense this morning...

They’ll want to see the following documents-

Proof of qualifications
PL & PI insurance
In date calibration certs for MFT
Safe isolation kit
H&S Policy
Complaints log
Work diary
Quotes & Invoices
Copy of BS7671, GN3, On Site Guide, etc...
All the various parts of building regs that are on list they send you. I printed them off and keep everything in big ring folders.
You’ll need a printed copy of an EIC for the job you’re showing him/her.
You’ll also need some EICR’s to show if you’re carrying out them and want to be part of the EIS.

Job wise, you’ll need 2 circuits that have been recently installed, may allow a CU change? Best to phone and check with them, they’re normally really helpful.

you’ll get given a sheet with 5 questions on about the regs. Don’t worry they’re easy and can use your books for reference.

you’ll get asked to carry out safe isolation and prove dead and then do some testing.
Normally along the lines of a Ze test, R1R2 of the circuit you’ve installed, IR, Live Polarity, Zs, RCD
While you’re carrying out the tests, they’ll ask you a few questions on why you do them, what readings you expect to get etc...

As long as you’re confident and know what you’re doing, you’ll be fine so try not to worry about it.

Don’t forget to offer them a brew, and remember, as long as your cheque clears, you’re in.

Nearly forgot, you’ll need Risk Assessments for the sites you take them too; and you’ll need to email the assessor a COVID-19 risk assessment prior to your site visits.

Good luck ???

Serious question has anyone ever failed their D.I scam assessment ?

I can’t remember whether I read it on here or somewhere else, but I’ve heard of someone failing for asking to consult GN3 when asked to carry out a Ze as he needed a refresher. I don’t know how much truth’s in that story though?

I’d imagine you’d need to be absolutely clueless to outright fail it, as you should already have proved qualifications and experience prior to assessment. I think they give recommendations for improvement and get you to send evidence of any non compliance’s they’ve asked you to rectify instead.

After all, they want your money...

Hi everyone,

I am trying to join NAPIT for CPS membership, as I am waiting for the first assessment. I want to know if anyone here knows what should I do to prepare for it?

I will appreciate all your help and advice.

Thanks.
Well stuffed brown envelope always helps*

* Stuffed with your qualifications, insurances, H&S policy, copies of relevant regulations and guidance.

Reply to What should Ido to prepare for my NaAPIT first assessment ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net