Discuss What wall mounted electric heaters to use for an apartment these days ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

LukeD

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The Apartment has been rewired and each one will connect to its own radial . Want something 'smart" with timers etc . never really looked into the market .Any brands that stick out as been reliable ?

All the wholesalers seem to push Rointe... hope you got deep pockets.

There are literally dozens of makes on the market.

Could you have run in pipes for ASHP while the place was getting rewired?

We went through a stage of re-fitting some pharmacies a while ago and I'm sure it was the ATC range we fitted in the office, the box had a template for the heater screw holes on it and two little oval brackets with three screw holes in them you fastened to the wall and hung it off it.

without a doubt it had the most complicated timer on it I've ever seen. They were fitted to supposedly save money but I'll bet every one of them is now on constant because you need a degree in physics just to program the on and off times.

We went through a stage of re-fitting some pharmacies a while ago and I'm sure it was the ATC range we fitted in the office, the box had a template for the heater screw holes on it and two little oval brackets with three screw holes in them you fastened to the wall and hung it off it.

without a doubt it had the most complicated timer on it I've ever seen. They were fitted to supposedly save money but I'll bet every one of them is now on constant because you need a degree in physics just to program the on and off times.
thats exactly the same as rointe.
If you dont go with the more expensive wifi controlled that you can set with a phone, its extremely difficult to set a time on the little screen.

The do come with templates. Panel heaters I've fitted had a square metal frame, onto which heaters are mounted, but lifestyle range of oil filled heaters had two small cam-locking plastic brackets, similar to what you describe, and another small single screw bracket at the bottom. I thought it all looked a bit flimsy when first fitting one, but it was rock solid once mounted and would easily support the weight of a couple of people.

As for the timers? I've no idea as the customer was happy to deal with that side of things, but they had them set faster than I could fit them. As time progresses I find everything electronic becomes more challenging.

Always seemed to be too much complexity to heating setup in general

Fiddly timers and menu driven electronics are my worst nightmare.
That's why I recommended the infrared panels, on a stat. Set and forget.
Lightweigt and easy to hang too.

Reply to What wall mounted electric heaters to use for an apartment these days ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net