Discuss Which interlock Kit is compatible ? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

RSherazi

DIY
Reaction score
I am beginner with electric work and do DIY's only :).
I installed interlock kit and cut the piece to make it work but electric inspector came and said "NO NO". I need to use kit that fits without cutting it. I want to use left side breaker only with the main switch. Can you please advise which interlock kit would go with my Electric Panel (Model HomeLine HOMC42UC) ? I checked many square D kits but i cannot figure it out (or make sense of it). Please help.
I would really appreciate if you kindly share the link of the compatible interlock kit please.
Thank you.
Electric-Panel.JPG

I am beginner with electric work and do DIY's only :).
I installed interlock kit and cut the piece to make it work but electric inspector came and said "NO NO". I need to use kit that fits without cutting it. I want to use left side breaker only with the main switch. Can you please advise which interlock kit would go with my Electric Panel (Model HomeLine HOMC42UC) ? I checked many square D kits but i cannot figure it out (or make sense of it). Please help.
I would really appreciate if you kindly share the link of the compatible interlock kit please.
Thank you.
View attachment 110004
First off the inspector is correct that you are not allowed to ( modify the panel or any parts ). My Suggestion to you would be to go to an electrical parts house to get the correct one. The lock down kit is required on breakers with incoming power not going out. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

First off the inspector is correct that you are not allowed to ( modify the panel or any parts ). My Suggestion to you would be to go to an electrical parts house to get the correct one. The lock down kit is required on breakers with incoming power not going out. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
that would be the last resort as i wont get a chance before weekend, hopefully i may get an answer on this forum to avoid the wait and the trip :) . Thank you though.

Megawatt is the expert here. He is saying the interlock is required on the incoming breaker (at the top)
This seems to be an example of how to fit it:

IMG_0238.jpeg

Megawatt is the expert here. He is saying the interlock is required on the incoming breaker.
This seems to be an example of how to fit it:
This wouldve worked if i was using the top right side breaker. I need to use top left side breaker as shows in the image. So the shared link Interlock kit would not work.

Unfortunately it looks like you may have to move some circuits around so it can be done as per the manufacturer instructions.

Reply to Which interlock Kit is compatible ? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net