Discuss Which PAT Tester in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PAT ukLtd

I have bought a Martindale Micropat Plus (New) back in September,plus the extra bit of kit for testing extension leads, but I think it is too advanced for my needs, mainly as I manually record the readings.

So I am looking for a tester that is more compact, easier to use,and able to test extension leads/iec leads without any adaptors. Any ideas would be grateful. I am looking to test 50 to 100 items per job.

Also have seen some hand held rechargeable models, are they any good ? and can all of the standard tests be carried out without needing to plug them into a mains supply?

And finally if I decide to sell my Micropat Plus,cables & lead tester attachment any ideas as to the best place to sell it on other than e-bay.

Cheers guys!

Hi PATUk

Ive just had the opportunity to look at the new Metrel DeltaPat MI3309. This seems a very easy to use tester and has the ability to test IEC leads without an adaptor. It is battery and mains (battery life seems excellent) so you have the best of both worlds.

Its a small unit and doesnt have a conventional keyboard, however if you are manually recording the results this also won't be an issue. Another nice feature of this tester is that it shows the reading and limit whilst your testing.

Regards PATDev

A friend of mine has just completed a PAT training course,not sure which one, but the highly recommended the Kewtech Kt71, think will give it a look.

They look like some great deals, but can anyone give a review on any of them from personal experience.........?

I have the Ethos 9600 , It's the same as the Seaward 300 . This is a battery or mains operated tester. It does all you need either auto or manual. The user instructions for it is available for download from the Seaward site, as is guides to PAT testing; plus loads of other information. Well worth a look.
Go to you tube , loads of demonstrations on most of the PAT testers available.

Thanks for that, I will check out on you tube, my concern with battery testers is that I was led to think all of the required tests can be completed without having a mains power connection.

Yes they can , the mains allows you to test EFLI , RCD's, Earth leakage and functional tests. It's a superb tester, bit pricey but the software saves you hours of work. It logs all your results direct to your PC and allows you to print records on site or later at your leisure. With a bluetooth barcode reader and printer you can print the labels as you go, and store your results in the tester also.

Reply to Which PAT Tester in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net