Search the forum,

Discuss why do kitchen fitters have such a bad rep? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So with all the issues above are we suggesting Part P isn't working??

I'm stunned I thought it was meant to make the whole Country safer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Part P doesn't apply in England to kitchens unless it has a new circuit - so blaming Part P is not relevant......

OK. blame "defined scope", and all the other CPS money making schemes that encourage under-trained muppets to work on electrical installations.

I had a simple cooker swap over to do for a landlord a week ago - or so I thought.
The original isolator was just below worktop height and behind the cooker. Before re-locating with a new switch and installing an outlet plate, it was also found that the main earthing conductor was not even in place, never mind connected, and the main water bond was loose. In addition the cooker mcb was faulty. The house had no rcd protection whatsoever.
The cooker cabling was surface mounted+trunking with no socket outlet so rcd not required for the alterations.
A young couple with child living there. Corrections made and landlord advised how dangerous the situation had been, I also advised to upgrade the CU along with some testing.
Of course no reply.

OK. blame "defined scope", and all the other CPS money making schemes that encourage under-trained muppets to work on electrical installations.

Not sure I agree with that. The blame, 90% of the time is the "other" trades and handymen who do electrics and have no understanding of the regs .................

A "handyman" near me advertises doing electrics, yet doesn't have ANY test kit - what a muppet, yet nobody is done to stop this happening and it seems to me that its more prevalent these days...

A few more from the same install. The JB was to replace the original cooker switch. The pic in the unit is the old outlet, and did not have a cover on,and shown is the 1.5mm supply to the hob and oven. The wire with the cut off earth is to the extractor, the earth was cut because it was tripping the RCD. The old back box speaks for its self.

Attachments

• 213.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 216.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 221.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 222.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 225.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 64
  • 223.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 61
A few more from the same install. The JB was to replace the original cooker switch. The pic in the unit is the old outlet, and did not have a cover on,and shown is the 1.5mm supply to the hob and oven. The wire with the cut off earth is to the extractor, the earth was cut because it was tripping the RCD. The old back box speaks for its self.
nowt wrong there, once it's all plastered in. as long as the extractor is class II. :shout:

How would you describe the City & Guilds 2393 if it's not a qualification?
I stupidly did that one, and it's just like the 17th edition, just reading through a book and taking a multi choice exam at the end. You don't learn nothing much. Though some employers & schemes require the 17th. It look good though on your cv until they check out what the 2393 is. :)

Reply to why do kitchen fitters have such a bad rep? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock