Search the forum,

Discuss Wiring for garden office - can I spur off an external socket? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If there is a breaker in the CU (fusebox) that is labeled outside socket only, and this is true, then you can go on from it to your studio. Not even a fused spur is required, as long as the cable to the studio is of an adequate size for the rating of the breaker.
This would be fine if you were building a small garden shed, but I still say you'll eventually regret it if you don't give this place its own largish dedicated feed.
What is the rating of the breaker? (likely B16, B20 etc.)

For the sake of a few hundred quid , I would buy some 4mm swa and put in a dedicated 30a supply

you are spending thousands on a nice outbuilding , why skimp now

The outside socket might be wired in 4mm... We may find out...

i like working with 4mm swa and 30amos is plenty for most domestics

10-16mm is overkill for domestic office power

Reply to Wiring for garden office - can I spur off an external socket? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

i have just started my course as a trainee electrician...some advice on the following will be appreciated: I have a spare 16 and 32A MCB (RCD...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to get the lionshare of a small shed wired before a friendly electrician does the needful. I'm a confident DIYer, but I would...
Replies
Views
Grateful if someone could offer some advise, I'm struggling to find a definitive answer to this. I have a double socket, it was on the ring main...
Replies
Views
Hi Gents, I am thinking about running some cables in the garden. The idea is to electrify the garden. My idea is to run some electrical cables...
Replies
Views
We have an outdoor socket that is hard wired into the ground floor power circuit and protected with an rcd in the consumer unit. I now plan to add...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back