Search the forum,

Discuss work based nvq 2356-31 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

twodds

hi fellow sparks
just got my 17th ed and level 3 2330 passed,yeeeeha half way there!looking through my site diary just wondering if theres anybody out there who could give me some advice or tips to help me get through this ?
cheers twodds

hi fellow sparks
just got my 17th ed and level 3 2330 passed,yeeeeha half way there!looking through my site diary just wondering if theres anybody out there who could give me some advice or tips to help me get through this ?
cheers twodds

I know it's 3 years ago that you wrote this but I am now at the same juncture as you were then. I am awaiting final result of 2330 Level 3 exam taken to complete that part of the course, passed 17th Edition and now turning my attention towards the Site Diary. Instructions in the preface are very poor and it is unclear just how much of this huge diary I have to complete and how to go about it. I'm sure there was mention of an assessor having to come out on site to check your work and competence but I have no idea how this works. The company I trained with was OLCI Ltd. Any advice would be very welcome, thanks.

Nick

I know it's 3 years ago that you wrote this but I am now at the same juncture as you were then. I am awaiting final result of 2330 Level 3 exam taken to complete that part of the course, passed 17th Edition and now turning my attention towards the Site Diary. Instructions in the preface are very poor and it is unclear just how much of this huge diary I have to complete and how to go about it. I'm sure there was mention of an assessor having to come out on site to check your work and competence but I have no idea how this works. The company I trained with was OLCI Ltd. Any advice would be very welcome, thanks.

Nick

I would hope after three years he would be qualified by now. Lol

The first question i will ask is are you in the trade allready? I did mine through a company calles XL Training and everything was done online. They however ask for a minimum 2 years experiance working as a sparky, Have you got this?

All my site diaries were done online and it was just a case of uploading once it had been done

The deadline for this is 31st Decmber 2012

I would hope after three years he would be qualified by now. Lol

The first question i will ask is are you in the trade allready? I did mine through a company calles XL Training and everything was done online. They however ask for a minimum 2 years experiance working as a sparky, Have you got this?

All my site diaries were done online and it was just a case of uploading once it had been done

The deadline for this is 31st Decmber 2012

No , I don't have any contacts and I have little experience. I've studied hard and taken all the tests and exams (I have 11 certificates!!) within the last 12 months. All practical work has been done in workshop and in training bays. I fully understand that there is no substitute for on-site experience as in the bays everything is to hand, whereas in the real world the lamp holder or ring could be 2 floors up or in an inaccessible place. I am very demoralised and beginning to regret this career change as I am now not earning. ANY suggestions would be gratefully accepted. I do not intend to give up as I've spent the best part of £8000 and managed to get through going back to school again. I'm 52, perhaps there's a lot of ageism about. I can knock spots off most youngsters, I'm reliable, fit and a quick learner, there, I've said it now! ;-)

splitz, whereabouts are you ? edd is in essex, posted a thread, looking for someone.

hi fellow sparks
cheers twodds

Speak to your assessor/advisor, it is what they are there for. If you havent got one, then kick up some brown stuff with the company, and get one allocated to you.

Cheers..........Howard

splitz, whereabouts are you ? edd is in essex, posted a thread, looking for someone.

I'm 'oop north' in a town called Southport (between Preston & Liverpool) so Essex might be a bit of a commute! Thanks though, I very much appreciate you trying to help.

Reply to work based nvq 2356-31 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net