Currently reading:
Worst place you've seen a fuseboard / consumer unit..??

Discuss Worst place you've seen a fuseboard / consumer unit..?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkyjohn1

Was round a job over the weekend,, asked the customer where the consumer unit was,,,,, led me to the cupboard under the stairs, not really a surprise.... but wasn't expecting this,, !! Lol...!!

Worst I've ever seen,,, !!! Although, it's an old Re-wirable Wylex, probably there before the toilet was put in,, so not really the sparkies fault... Plumber should have known better.!! Still worth a chuckle tho...//.

Brings a whole new meaning to locating a C/U in an accessible place.... hmm,,

DSC00008.jpg

Sadly a lot of the old Wylex and similar fuseboxes were positioned or enclosed in a way that only allowed a replacement of the same size, not the modern CU that is about double that!
Enclosed in this case........by a wall. I turned down the offer of carrying out an EICR.
Look below the CU.......and note the wall insulation on two photos.
I realized that the room is the original garage, converted to extra room with an additional garage added.

IMG_1558.JPG

This is in the garage......so it looks like an innovative builder got stuck in.

IMG_1560.JPG

Reply to Worst place you've seen a fuseboard / consumer unit..?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back