Discuss yellow pages in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

daveselectrics

Thinking of doing yellow pages for next year (2012) in Manchester area under Burglar Alarms - was looking at a half page advert - has anyone found yellow pages a good source of advertising? Is it worth the money? plenty of of calls?
Would appreciate some feedback before i hand over any cash - thanks!!!!!!!

Hi dave and welcome.
This subject has been mention a little while back.
I did do some advertising with yello pages and am still waiting for the first call !!!
Word of mouth is a very good vehicle for personal recommendation.
Good luck though,

yelloow pages ....... rubbish. i'm in the south manchester directory area. useless. to cover my local area ( 20 miles radius) i'd have to be in 4 directories. 4 xthe cost. and i don't want manchester work.

there#s a sticky in the business relateds sectoin. loads od double side leaflets for £45. get a load and deliver locally. 2 jobs from them, cushty.

No-one uses the yellow pages anymore, at all.

My issue is about a fifth of the size it used to be.
mine's smaller than it used to be, but that's a different issue.LOL.

Agree, total pants, what u will get is every switchgear, cable, wholesaler, gadget maker in the uk ringing YOU to try to sell you something you don't want, I got to the point where when they rung I'd just stick the phone next to the radio or power drill until they got the message

i tell them that i'll have a big ad. but pay for it only when the business generated by it brings me a return of twice the cost of the ad. they soon give up then.

I certainly wouldn't consider them after seeing how a local training company with Franchised tradesmen operated their advertising in it...
They placed numerous adverts in a section all aimed at different types of market, Pensioners, Young Couples, Affluent etc. So say over 4 pages at least half belonged to them, so when you called any one of those it came through to the same call centre number.
IMO Yellow Pages does not attract the Trusted Businesses you gain from referral...plus I've not heard of anybody as a small business accumulating back their advertising rate from it. You're better off with local advertising directories.

Reply to yellow pages in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net