Discuss zanussi zd 19/5 refrigarator problem in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

epsavit

hi, i have a zanussi zd 19/5 bo fridge ( a small, simple two compartment fridge ) and i am facing the following problem. after moving the fridge to my cottage the freezer works fine but the Fridge is not getting cold. i tried to search for an evaporator fan but the there are no screws in the freezer compartment.it seems as though its one piece. also after unplugging the fridge for a couple of hours, i lift it slightly forward by pressing it from the top back. then i plugged it back, i could hear a noise that the fridge was working,( this noise was not heard before, it was stealth silent !!! ) the back of the fridge got slightly cold,formed some ice on the top left corner but then is stopped dropping the temperature and it didn't get cold, but again the freezer worked fine. according to he manual it should be somewhere between 5 to 8 celsius. the only technician in the area told me that its quite normal for a fridge to work like that ( last time i checked the temperature in the fridge compartment was 21 degrees !!!). i complaint to him and he told me that he could change the thermostat but it wont solve anything !!! . can someone please tell me what to do ?

First thing first when you move a fridge switch the power off and leave it to stand for about an hour dont throw it about when transporting and when you get it to its destination leave it to stand in situ for at least 3 hours.

I the unit has been thrown around or put on its side then thats not good if there is ice build up on the coil at the back it may be low on gas.

But if all else fails buy a new one because the cost to get someone out will cost.

As for me I buy mid range goods and if I get 5-7 years service then fine any more is a bonus. Also one more point the lifecycle for white goods is 5-7 years no matter what the cost so a £250 washing machine will give the same service as a £850 unit

hi and thanks for the reply.
it seems like the mistake was that although it was transported correctly, standing up, i plugged it as soon as it was fitted in the kitchen.
no ice is build on the back. everything works fine , the freezer frezees but the fridge ( lower part ) is not getting cold. since it is a very simple maxhine i want to have it fixed. is three anything i could do ?

Reply to zanussi zd 19/5 refrigarator problem in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net