Search the forum,

Discuss Zs on MWC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Neil_

Hello, I have a small query I am hoping somebody can answer for me.
When completing a MWC following the addition of a socket to a circuit, where do you test for Zs? at the socket you have installed or is it the Zs for the circuit?

Many thanks

Neil.

Just test it at the socket you have installed, if you have spurred off a 32 amp ring check that the existing circuit is a ring and don't forget you other checks, Bonding etc.

i would test at the socket you have fitted. this will ensure you've not made an error in connecting. then take a few readings at other sockets on the circuit and record the highest on the cert. and as above post, check earrthing and bonding, of course, you've already done thae before carrying out the work.

no they should not. the mid-point will be the highest ( assuming it's a RFC with no spurs. ). it's figure8 R1+R2 where the readings sahould be te same

Reply to Zs on MWC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock