Search the forum,

Discuss Zs reading sky high.... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Teddy54

Hi Iam working on an outdoor public toilet and my zs readings to the circuits are in the range of 62 to 68.5 ,wereas on other simalir units it's been 0.5 - 0.7 . I have ensured all terminations are tight and belled out all circuits to ensure proper earth. It's a tns system. My ze PFC are fine. Any suggestions on what could be causing such a high reading?

Regards
Teddy

How are you taking this Zs by measurement I guess.

Is there an RCD on the circuit and could you be getting a false reading via the soft test.

You could also be getting a false reading if doing the full Zs no trip test through an high impedance of an MCB.

Personally I would do an R1 + R2 on the circuit to see what that is telling me. If that is within the expected levels, then test re-test with another type of MCB in the circuit.

Reply to Zs reading sky high.... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back