Discuss 60947-2 MCCB...........what type? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mcvee

I cant seem to find a definate answer to what type would a 60947-2 MCCB be when generally a 60898 mcb is b,c or d.
I have the manufactures data for max zs values on the mccbs, but I need to know the type to complete a schedule of circuit details.

Cheers

thanks for that, thats a helpfull bit of info, Ill save the pdf.

Could anyone clarify the following;

So it seems there is categories A & B, Im i right in thinking a' Cat A' MCCB is the older bs 4752 and the newer 60947-2 is 'Cat B'?
Or is it that a 60947-2 on a sub main feeding a DB would be 'Cat A' & a Main incomming 60947-2 would be 'Cat B'?

thanks for that, thats a helpfull bit of info, Ill save the pdf.

Could anyone clarify the following;

So it seems there is categories A & B, Im i right in thinking a' Cat A' MCCB is the older bs 4752 and the newer 60947-2 is 'Cat B'?
Or is it that a 60947-2 on a sub main feeding a DB would be 'Cat A' & a Main incomming 60947-2 would be 'Cat B'?

I'll think you'll find the difference is, that one type of MCCB is non discriminating and the other type is... The type that discriminates will be provided with time delay, adjustable trip settings etc!!

MCCBs/ACBs/GCBs do not come in categories as like MCB's.... For the main, they achieve, discrimination by variable parameters, depending on the model make and the system they are installed within.

If you have the manufacturers data there as stated for Merlin Gerin, it will tell you exactly what MCCB you will need for protecting MCBs types and or other MCCBs...

I am not totally sure but you mentioned Merlin Gerlin and me thinks these have adjustable settings on them

No... not all of Merlin Gerins MCCBs will have adjustable settings. Those MCCBs that just need to protect the downstream MCBs from high PFCs for arguements sake, will not need, or have adjustable settings included in the frame.

Reply to 60947-2 MCCB...........what type? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net