Search the forum,

Discuss bathroom light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think it depends on the type of existing light. I think im right in saying that 16th permitted batten holder with home office skirt, I might be wrong. I have just tested an old peoples home & they have enclosed fittings in the bathrooms but are not IPX4 so IMO C3

then, IMO< against general opinions expressed so far, code 3, i can't really see it as a potential danger.

Personally I think code 3 unless any1 has got any reference to say otherwise.
IMO its down to you as the person testing the premises and deciding what code if any is required. You have first hand experience and have seen the fitting in question and as long as you are happy that it is not a potential danger fair enough! As can be seen from some of the replies some think differently !

Reply to bathroom light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I know why it is done, where it is done and how it’s done, but I’m yet to see a scenario where there is shock danger in a typical bathroom in a...
Replies
Views
I have 16 ceiling spots to be replaced in a room being repurposed as a bathroom. Some will be over a shower, basin and bath hence need to be IP65...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Hi, have an old bathroom fan. Which has two wires the black and red (line and neutral). The fan has no isolator switch and was powered when the...
Replies
Views
In my bathroom there is supplementary bonding of the bath, bath pipework, and basin pipework before it goes into trunking and exits unconnected in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back