Search the forum,

Discuss 11kw shower cable size? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Now I would like you to please explain to this gaggle of highly qualified, experienced and knowledgeable Electricians and Engineers why you now believe you are still correct, and if your going to quote Regs, please do not snip them, but quote the whole sections and then attempt to argue your case.

I'm in the gaggle seats but not in that list :(

Being as no-one here asked the question on the IET site, I've done it for you, maybe worth a read, and see who is right?IET Forums - 433.3.1 (ii) - open to interpretation?

11kW @ 230V = 47.8A
11kW @ 240V = 45.8A

Whichever way you look at it 6mm² will not be sufficient because the CPD will need to be a 50A MCB as Tel has already stated.

You need to state how the cable is run however, because the environment the cable is installed in dictates how much it is de-rated by, and you could end up with 16mm² if your running it in fully insulated spaces or in an environment subjected to external heating.
i need to know if i used 11kw 3phase motor 380v, what size of cable can i use?

Reply to 11kw shower cable size? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock