Search the forum,

Discuss AFDD in 18th 2nd Amendment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I suspect this thread has descended in to an electrician's equivalent of "How many angles can dance on the head of a pin?"

angles??? angels??

Id take the manufacturers data sheets over Screwfix's description any time.
Yes, looks like screw fix messed up, i'll shop at tool station from now on :)

is that for the 1926g
I looked a bit more and indeed you're right, not that i would use BG anyway as the last time i used one 3 of the mcbs were faulty.

Screwfix info says for the 1926g

Specification
BrandBritish General
Cable Entry PointsTop, Bottom, Side & Rear
Construction Material (Electrical)Aluminium
Consumer Unit TypeGarage
CSU Populated/UnpopulatedPopulated
Current Rating40 A
Fixings SuppliedFixings Not Supplied
IntegrityNon High Integrity
IP RatingIP65
You don't believe all that the Screwfix website says do you

You don't believe all that the Screwfix website says do you
I'll just quote Pete, “How many angels can dance on the head of a pin”

I have fitted one of those BG units and I could have sworn it was a cast ally/lightweight alloy from the weight and the way it drilled.

I have fitted one of those BG units and I could have sworn it was a cast ally/lightweight alloy from the weight and the way it drilled.

Just did a bit of digging as I know there have been changes to these boards over the years, but can not find anything which confirms if aluminium was ever used for the enclosure. I know they used to be (probably still are) cast, rather than pressed, which might account for the odd feel it had when drilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to AFDD in 18th 2nd Amendment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back