Currently reading:
Anyone gone bust yet?

Discuss Anyone gone bust yet? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So you don't agree with it - but you'll have it anyway? That sounds more than a little bit hypocritical. Also, the 13k you spent on the panels? Despite paying about £3k over the odds for your set up, it is still nearly half the cost it would have been if the feed in tariff subsidy had not been introduced.

I am not a hypocrite, I said if it was at the lower FIT tariff or had not FIT at all, I would have still installed it because of the money it saved me on my energy bills...!

Well, you understand it incorrectly. The government do not subsidise it in any way.

Seems a bit strange to come on to a forum and bark out an opinion on a subject that you clearly know very little about.

I never claimed it be correct, just stated that I understood it to be Subsidised.... but my point still stands, if you remove 50% of the Green Tax engery prices would be substantially lower, the Government gets MORE money from your Electricity Bill than the energy companies make from it in profit.

Someome saw you coming even then!

Nope, for the system I wanted, had appointments and surveys from 5 different companies, they all quoted between £9.5K to 15.5K, I chose the one at £13.5K based on comments made to me by others that had used them and the way they treated me...

I am not a hypocrite, I said if it was at the lower FIT tariff or had not FIT at all, I would have still installed it because of the money it saved me on my energy bills...!

Exactly. But you are whining about the drain on tax payers money - yet you happily claim the subsidy yourself. Conveniently ignorant of the fact that it would have cost you FAR more than 13k if the subsidy didn't exist.

I never claimed it be correct, just stated that I understood it to be Subsidised.... but my point still stands, if you remove 50% of the Green Tax engery prices would be substantially lower, the Government gets MORE money from your Electricity Bill than the energy companies make from it in profit.

The last time I checked, green taxes are around about 10% of energy bills. A ridiculously tiny amount when you consider what is at stake.

I'm not surprised they treated you well for that money.

That's what I love about forums, comments like that without any idea of what I have purchased LOL - don't forget, I was not buying this 'trade' this was a 'retail' purchase and you have no idea of the size/type of panels fitted, the inverter used or the alarm system that had to be fitted to the panels to prevent theft - our area has seen several properties lose panels to thieves and I wanted to make sure mine stayed where they were installed.

That's what I love about forums, comments like that without any idea of what I have purchased LOL - don't forget, I was not buying this 'trade' this was a 'retail' purchase and you have no idea of the size/type of panels fitted, the inverter used or the alarm system that had to be fitted to the panels to prevent theft - our area has seen several properties lose panels to thieves and I wanted to make sure mine stayed where they were installed.

Alarm system? You could have had a team of trained mercenaries protecting it for that price.

Alarm system? You could have had a team of trained mercenaries protecting it for that price.

Are you sure you are just not jealous you never got the contract? ;-)

Look, this is not a NOT 'bolt on the roof panel system' they are 'integral' to the roof and change angle to get maximum light throughout the day - that meant a lot of extra roofing work to get them fitted and make the roof water tight when they moved - the panels are extremely low light efficient units from the best manufacturer, uk made as I believe in keeping the money in the UK not wasting it on cheap imports... I did a lot of research into this before I made the decision to get quotes and then I specified what I wanted, not just what the companies were offering as 'standard' packages. you get what you pay for.o

For the period Jun-Aug, despite the appalling weather we have had, I had a FIT payment of £583.00 and I calculate based on the generation from march to date that this system will pay for itself within 5-6yrs...

Now, my DD with the energy supplier has gone from £89pm to 49pm as well so if I had left the £13.5K in the bank, it would have earned me bugger all with the interest rates they are paying, so this was not only money well spent, but a damn good investment from where I sit...

Are you sure you are just not jealous you never got the contract? ;-)

Look, this is not a NOT 'bolt on the roof panel system' they are 'integral' to the roof and change angle to get maximum light throughout the day - that meant a lot of extra roofing work to get them fitted and make the roof water tight when they moved - the panels are extremely low light efficient units from the best manufacturer, uk made as I believe in keeping the money in the UK not wasting it on cheap imports... I did a lot of research into this before I made the decision to get quotes and then I specified what I wanted, not just what the companies were offering as 'standard' packages. you get what you pay for.o

For the period Jun-Aug, despite the appalling weather we have had, I had a FIT payment of £583.00 and I calculate based on the generation from march to date that this system will pay for itself within 5-6yrs...

Now, my DD with the energy supplier has gone from £89pm to 49pm as well so if I had left the £13.5K in the bank, it would have earned me bugger all with the interest rates they are paying, so this was not only money well spent, but a damn good investment from where I sit...

So this was an in roof or BIPV system with a tracker system as well? I'd be keen to know more as I've not heard of that before. Sounds interesting. Was it retro fit or new build?

I'd love to know who the UK manufacturer is too. It actually sounds quite cheap now considering that it's an in-roof tracker system. £9,500 was one of the quotes you had, right? :sleeping:

Sorry that one wasn't meant to be serious! :)

I'd really like to see pictures and specifiation of this in-roof, variable tilt/oreintation mounting system with security fixings.

Please essexrs, share us the secrets of your install:

What Make of Panels do you have?
What Inverter do you have?, How is it configured - how many strings?
Where is the inverter located? Garage? Loft?
What Mounting System do you have?
Which Alarm system did they install?

If you are not sure where to find all that, all of the above should have been in your quotation and also included in your handover pack

Can you please share some photos you have us all intrigued.

Thanks

This is looking like a public assassination, just to put a positive spin on it, the moral of the story is that even if you pay a bit over the odds for the best equipment PV is still an exceptional investment in the current economic climate...

To be fair, he has come onto a trade forum and his first post is to smugly claim that the recent government activity that has brought many of us to our knees is a good idea. It is not surprising that he rubbed some of us up the wrong way.

what a funny thread !! I'd be interested in an alarm system as I live in lawless Essex, just saw a bloke walking down the road with a panel. I did think it was strange but though they must be the new 24hr solar panels and must be charging his phone.

Reply to Anyone gone bust yet? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back