Currently reading:
Asbestos

Discuss Asbestos in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Hanch123

Hi guys, had a simple job fitting an inline fan today, I drilled a pilot hole in the sofit and I'm a bit concerned its asbestos, it's painted white although the actual material is a grey/blue colour and not very easy to drill. I only had a crappy paper mask and didn't want to risk it, I've not had much experience with asbestos, am I right in thinking it might be as I've heard it can be a common thing on sofit boards?

Couple of different types of it, we came across it the other day in oil tank store rooms, weeny sure so asked for a register with premises officer and it said in book the tiles on roof were asbestos but didn't mention ceiling, but the guy we met that morning for meeting said il have look il know and it was a mild one. Anyway no drilling. Job on hold now

Steer clear of it my old fella was or is a spark like myself he's got the better one pleural placks struggles with his breathing at times but he's lost a few of his work buddy's to this over the years if you no its there walk away there's money to be made else were

Reply to Asbestos in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back