Currently reading:
Biggest mistake as a sparky

Discuss Biggest mistake as a sparky in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Old Jag Lover

Time to man up confess your sins,what are your worst disasters for me,2.First drilling through a bundle of 6 bundled pyros in a large office block as an apprentice,my then boss said 3 ft from the wall,not true it was 3 metres,3pyros 4000Amp risers using ESR system second 3 2000A risers DC 3 wire for elevators in Sydney lots of downtown didn't get the AC till 1979.Second,sending a guy to replace a contactor in a Ward Leonard setup said look here the diagram does not agree 6 and 9 are reversed,told him don't worry factory mistake,no no no,resulting in no field on output motor,causing birdcaging,causing catastrophic rotor failure repair costs to us,100000 bucks.ouch.

you will need to Tidy is bathing Geoedie I suspect ready for his bedtime, She is probably ironing his jammas after too, so it could be a while before she is back on

Geordie has never worn pyjamas or anything else since he was about 10 years old and realised the daftness of getting dressed-up to go to bed.

My late Mother used to buy me a pair every year in case I had to go into hospital. They were never worn.

Pleased to hear that fella.

Yep .... I've managed to get all this way down the highway of life (or more like the clarty back lane) without breaking any bones - apart from cracking a rib twice - and only once needed to sleep in a hospital bed and that was for only one night.

I'm seeing A LOT of the insides of hospitals just now though, but so far I've managed to escape permanent capture.

*Sigh* Trolling will not be tolerated and please be aware that this is in the open forums so language and images language need to be family friendly.

Thanks.

you will need to Tidy is bathing Geoedie I suspect ready for his bedtime, She is probably ironing his jammas after too, so it could be a while before she is back on

Here I am!! I was just thinking if that is the best someone who is worth many groat can come up with, what chance do we mere mortals have? It's put me off botox for life. :death:

When me and 2 other apprentices left loads of dust sheets with the tenants son saying if she was bothered about carpets and furniture tell his mum to cover them up .we had a key started early next morning thinking she wasn't bothered we did full length chases all over the house of course he forgot to tell her . Not pleased when she came home.we cleaned up only to knock over a large tin of paint over the path on our way out .we have got better.

I got asked to disconnect a fuse board a d leave a temp site supply for building works going on in the house. Got there, spoke to the builder who didn't have a clue i was coming but said fair enough get on with it. All finished an on the way home i got a call from the original client asking why i hadnt been yet. Id written the address down wrong and disconnecged the wrong house! Purely coincidence there was building work going on in the other property. Luckily owners saw the funny side when i raced back to re install the fuseboard!

Nice one,joelypops, my mate did the exact same thing but substitute CU for 80 foot of manicured established privet from the road to the back of the garden. Ripped the lot out in an hour with the mini-digger.He got Oak Grove mixed up with Oak Road....remedial work went on for months...

And just when you thought it safe to go to bed without having nightmares.......................... Jackie Stallone appears.
stallone.jpg

bless her!!!

Reply to Biggest mistake as a sparky in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock