Discuss Biggest mistake as a sparky in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lad I served my time with made a classic mistake he was told go the shop and get some bits and one guy said I'll have 20 Marlborough lites and if they don't have them get me something else instead.
The lad came back and said no Marlborough lites so as you said get me anything else here is a mars bar,
No joke he was that thick

Lad I served my time with made a classic mistake he was told go the shop and get some bits and one guy said I'll have 20 Marlborough lites and if they don't have them get me something else instead.
The lad came back and said no Marlborough lites so as you said get me anything else here is a mars bar,
No joke he was that thick

Haha ........... that's a bit like me as a 15 year old apprentice. I had to go out & get the lads ciggies, fish & chips etc. anything & everything really.

One lad who was 23 and engaged to be married was a real tight fisted sod and always counted his change when I handed it over to him. He was so tight that on the odd occasion when he gave me a lift home he wanted my bus fare.

Anyway, one day he gave me a 10 shilling note and asked me to go to the barber shop around the corner (Half Moon Lane, Gateshead) and get him a packet of Durex.

Now, I was a young innocent lad and had never seen these things of myth and legend so was a bit apprehensive about going into the barber shop, but plucked-up the courage and entered.

The barber asked: "Yes?" and I said; "a packet of Durex please". He asked "Three shillings or three and ninepence?". I was stumped and bearing in mind the tightness of the bloke who wanted them I wanted to be sure I got this right so I asked; "What's the difference?"

The barber replied "Ninepence".

Now, I was a young innocent lad QUOTE]

Jeez how times have changed. :dita:

sex.jpg

I was doing some work for a conservatory firm and quite a few clients had the work done while they were away,anyway this client at 86 arranges his to be done while they're abroad for a fortnight,all we need is a tap and a power supply says the boss,we'll get it up and send our spark when you come back,as he'll need access to the house.The lads go round dig up and lay footings.lads go back lay a slab and build dwarf walls.The following week they go back and erect the conservatory,all ok so far now all I have to do is wait for the guy to come back from holiday and nip round and wire it up.Monday morning comes and the phone rings and it's the customer ranting on about how we've done sod all and he ain't happy,boss is adamant job was done and he'd personally gone to number 68 to check quality of work! OOPS,someone made a major boob didn't they!

Reply to Biggest mistake as a sparky in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock