Discuss cack installs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
come on guys post pictures of the questionable nstall's you guys have come across

e5a4c159acec392aacd3d2d5a33ff350.jpg

we could argue for and against if you like and ways we would have done it.

would be interesting to see what you guys have come across

Looks like a extract fan with a smoke detector fitted, rather than fitting one in the room that then extractor feeds. Normally used in highly vunerable areas to vandalism like prison cells etc

That's what I thought but why isn't the smoke head fitted where it's supposed to go instead of sitting it on that duct work?
I suppose the thread title is the give away.

Thats how they are usually sited, but witha couple of small pipes fitted for sample air to pass through also easier dor maintenance and identify which one has activated.

I have only seen them fitted as like that before, system was in use for a few years the the fire officer decided to try it out, filled room full of smoke and nothing happened was rather amusing watching hos face as time went on and it didnt activate lol

Thats how they are usually sited, but witha couple of small pipes fitted for sample air to pass through also easier dor maintenance and identify which one has activated.
not a damper though, the dampers are on the supply and extract of the ahu and in the field etc

the pressure switches are fitted on the ahu

Dib your spot on, its a duct void detector.....a pipe takes the air from the duct, into the top chamber, where you can see the apollo smoke detector, the passes it back into the duct via an exit pipe. Any smoke detected sets off the fire alarm.

Reply to cack installs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net