Currently reading:
Cooker becomes Oven and Microwave....any ideas?

Discuss Cooker becomes Oven and Microwave....any ideas? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

timhoward

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested what people's gut reaction solution would be.

Kitchen design and customer said freestanding cooker. So I first fix 10mm, and boxes for cooker switch with socket, and cooker connection plate.
No one thought to tell me it became hob (elsewhere, that bit isn't a problem), and a vertical cupboard which will contain an Ikea Microwave combi thing (<13A which came with plug) and an Ikea oven (3.490 Kw so 15A max which came with bare wires). Instructions for oven do not specify an overcurrent device..

One has fan, one has motor, I can't really claim they are fixed resistive loads, chop plugs off and connect them!
I also don't really want to be even thinking about putting a socket on 10 sq mm cable.

Any creative ideas? (It would be really handy to know if the fan was fused internally in the oven....)
I can only think of tiny consumer unit at the moment. Any help welcome!

I've done similar but have had a preferable layout. Cooker switch/socket behind a microwave and split the fed to the hob and oven on 6mm. As your allowed a spur off a ring I can't see an issue with a remote socket other than the chance of incorrect isolation.

Reply to Cooker becomes Oven and Microwave....any ideas? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back