Search the forum,

Discuss Din Rail Enclosure in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ok ill use an adaptable box, you say you can get one big enough for under a tenner, prove it, show me where I can get one 300mm wide for £10 and ill buy it.

Enought said, ill get a box, but you CANNOT get one for £10 that big.

Any local electrical wholesaler who you have built up a good working relationship with and have got reasonable discounts set up on your account.

I've had a look in my books and the last time I bought a bigger adaptable box it was a 12x9x3 BE for £9.60

We use adaptable boxes for interfaces, termination and din power supplies, and never worry about mounting fixtures.....Its a straight 4mm hole through the rear of the box and din rail, then a rivets. That din rails going nowhere, and is where we want it.

This thread has made me laugh. What a mountain made from a mole hill. Aahh the worries of the domestic spark.

You keep thinking outside the box squire...

ga5epaha.jpg

It was not designed for the purpose.

It has not been type tested or approved for the purpose.

The manufacturer did not intend for it to be used this way.

The manufacturer didn't design it to have a few screw terminals in?...oh really...it's not as if he's using it as a kettle...ha ha...

The manufacturer didn't design it to have a few screw terminals in?...oh really...it's not as if he's using it as a kettle...ha ha...

Who said anything about screw terminals? Those din terminals appear to be sprung loaded type, no screws in sight.

And they certainly didn't design it to have a bit of perspex glued in to the front of it to turn it into a joint box. There is a pretty high chance that the glue used is not suitable for making a good permanent bond to either one or the other of the materials, the chances of the glue failing and the perspex falling out are pretty high.

I'm not going to use it now anyway, there's not a chance it will come off as I stuck it with silicone that you build fish tanks with, sticks literally anything to anything.

You do like to rock the boat dont you Tom :smile5:

I think I'd have to agree with Davesparks here though. I can see what your saying, you think you have done something a bit out of the mainstream that is ok, but like Dave said at some point the perspex will come out, even if its many years down the line it cannot be compared to an adaptable box that has been screwed together. If I'd done that It would always be in the back of mind that the perspex will fall out and some layman will put there hand in there.

I think you were right to change your mind and use the correct accessory.

Reply to Din Rail Enclosure in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock