Search the forum,

Discuss Does door 2 door leaflet marketing work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

How do you go about doing that? I have often thought of doing it, but feel like the customers may feel I'm invading their privacy somehow....

Have been thinking about re-tracing my steps leaflet-wise, as there are several areas I have already done which I like to work in! Your post has made me decide to do this tomorrow....

Gotta be honest sometimes I feel like leafleting is my job. Only I don't get paid for it......

I know how you feel!!!

I got 10,000 quality flyers done , really good quality
I spent hours and hours flyering, got maybe 3 calls from it (residential)
Ithen flyered the city centre and got 2 calls in an afternoon, it cant hurt but i agree its about catching the person at the exact monent they are thinking of getting an electrician, and that person may want a spark but may not even bother reading the flyer
there nothing more disheartning than tramping the streets coming back down the other side of the road and seeing people throw ur freshly posted flyer in the wheelie bin lol
seen it tons of times
good luck tho mate

Don't forget, the back door of your van is a great tool. Get it sign written (or removable magnetic boards if you don't like people knowing whats ini the van) Just think how many people are behind you every day, sat behind you at lights and even drive past when you are parked up on a job.

A domain name (web address) is far easier to remember than a 12 digit number.

Ive done my back window just with white lettering. It just says 'electrician' and number and URL. My website is rubbish though it's just one of those free ones. New website is in the pipeline, but rent comes first.... I've got me number on there, I managed to snag a fairly good number - 419 420 not too bad, fairly easy to remember....

I've done some side decals but they look rubbish. Am on the look out for some good magnetic decal dealers who will print custom jobs for cheap, if anyone knows anyone.....

Have incorporated something very similar to that bugatti sign into me business cards now. Might upload it if I can be bothered to go upstairs again.

does anyone know of a good company/person to design some flyers? ive been putting my business cards through recently bought houses in the area and have come up with some work from doing this but a nice flyer would look much better.

Ive done my back window just with white lettering. It just says 'electrician' and number and URL. My website is rubbish though it's just one of those free ones. New website is in the pipeline, but rent comes first.... I've got me number on there, I managed to snag a fairly good number - 419 420 not too bad, fairly easy to remember....

I've done some side decals but they look rubbish. Am on the look out for some good magnetic decal dealers who will print custom jobs for cheap, if anyone knows anyone.....

Have incorporated something very similar to that bugatti sign into me business cards now. Might upload it if I can be bothered to go upstairs again.

Your website is not rubbish mate especially if its free. This one? Butler's Electrical - All areas of domestic electrical work undertaken - Powered by CO.CC
0r the other one?
Please post the web address for the provider. I wouldn't mind a look at them. Its much better than my free one!

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you go about doing that? I have often thought of doing it, but feel like the customers may feel I'm invading their privacy somehow....

Nice polite letter informing them you are a local electrician, you are registered insured etc etc with lots of years experience. Willing to give free competitive no obligation quotes.

You will be surprised how many builders tell their clients to sort out their own sparkies/plumbers etc etc.
They wont feel like their privacy is being invaded when you save them a good few pounds.

I am still getting recommendations and repeat business from my first attempt at this several years ago.

Whats the worst they can do...........chuck the letter in the bin.
If nothing else comes from it then at least they have heard of you. If you want work you have to go and get it, it wont come to you, and if no one has heard of you then you have no chance.:eek:

Just make a note of who you sent letters out to, because sooner or later they will need a sparky and i bet they cant get the one they used last time, if this is the case then put yourself out to accommodate them if they call, and you are in.

Yea that one. The free hosting is at Free PHP and My SQL hosting without ads there is a link about half way down to get 'HOT! Free co.cc domain' - the website will be something like martysparky.000page.com but you can get the .co.cc thing to redirect, so you could have like 'goodelectric.co.cc' or whatever, which is easier to remember, but because it's a redirect, google doesnt pick it up very well, but then again it is hard to get google to pick up most free websites.

Anyway, there it is, I was talking to wattsup a lot who knows a bit about this kind of thing, and basically getting a proper website is definitely the way to go, but to be honest as you said, as a freebie it's OK. Incidentally, the other website I have there is provided by Wattsup - it is a part of his website which gets first-page google. The plan is that after my page has been on there a while it will get page 1 as well, at which point I will give him the princely sum of thirty quid. I would recommend it as I think it will work, and if it doesn't who cares! If you're interested, give him a PM - but you can't have South East Wales it's mine!:D

SirKit - nice one, am going to have to design some letterheads as well! Really good idea and as you say, it can't hurt.

Allspark - I design stuff but you'd have to get it printed locally or at vistaprint or something. I could have a look at doing something, but I would recommend PMing eskimo - he just sent me some stuff it's top notch.

Heres what I did today. Double sided card with the nice new logo (thanks for the idea, eskimo) and a shop window poster.

EDIT: Click on the pictures when they open if you are interested in seeing them properly. The little window they open in makes them look all screwey.

Attachments

• card small lo res.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 69
  • card backprint small lo res.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 54
  • red poster lo res.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited by a moderator:
SirKit - nice one, am going to have to design some letterheads as well! Really good idea and as you say, it can't hurt.

Allspark - I design stuff but you'd have to get it printed locally or at vistaprint or something. I could have a look at doing something, but I would recommend PMing eskimo - he just sent me some stuff it's top notch.

Heres what I did today. Double sided card with the nice new logo (thanks for the idea, eskimo) and a shop window poster.

EDIT: Click on the pictures when they open if you are interested in seeing them properly. The little window they open in makes them look all screwey.

Ok you have your own domain name, but why are you using a Gmail account for e-mail??? Get an address set up on the Buttlers elec domain and if nothing else have it forwarded to your G-mail, will look more pro and look easier on the eye....

have a word with your local pizza shop and get them to stick a flyer on each pizza box they send out. might cost 20 quid a week but you need one sending to a mate to make sure they actually do it!

have a word with your local pizza shop and get them to stick a flyer on each pizza box they send out. might cost 20 quid a week but you need one sending to a mate to make sure they actually do it!

Good idea, but I wouldn't trust the pizza dudes around here as far as I could pee against the wind.

Yea that one. The free hosting is at Free PHP and My SQL hosting without ads there is a link about half way down to get 'HOT! Free co.cc domain' - the website will be something like martysparky.000page.com but you can get the .co.cc thing to redirect, so you could have like 'goodelectric.co.cc' or whatever, which is easier to remember, but because it's a redirect, google doesnt pick it up very well, but then again it is hard to get google to pick up most free websites.

Anyway, there it is, I was talking to wattsup a lot who knows a bit about this kind of thing, and basically getting a proper website is definitely the way to go, but to be honest as you said, as a freebie it's OK. Incidentally, the other website I have there is provided by Wattsup - it is a part of his website which gets first-page google. The plan is that after my page has been on there a while it will get page 1 as well, at which point I will give him the princely sum of thirty quid. I would recommend it as I think it will work, and if it doesn't who cares! If you're interested, give him a PM - but you can't have South East Wales it's mine!:D

Blimey....Newport!....Well bang goes that idea I'm just round the corner.!!

Could i just ask what software you are using to create your own cards/posters as am struggleing for work myself and would be good idea to do this very good posts

photoshop, word and a pdf converter for printers

get some images in photoshop and then use the pdf converter to drop the words over the images.

one simple quick way.

then save file as jpeg and convert to pdf fpr printers

always a good idea to take all separated files to printers just in case.

Photoshop. I'm still using CS2 as it's well expensive to upgrade - if you're not really 'into' design you'd probaby be wasting your money. As eskimo said, microsoft publisher is a pretty good tool for making designs for flyers etc.

Reply to Does door 2 door leaflet marketing work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back