Search the forum,

Discuss Elecsa assesment Monday, only registered yesterday!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

hi fellow sparks
showed the assessor a con board change with a kitchen up grade on the sockets i,e moved the cooker switch out to the reg zone (30cm) from the egde of the cooker,did a few tests i,e Zs and Ze.he did ask quite alot of questions on regs but having done my 17th helpted plus im doing tests and board changing all the time so there you have it ,Good luck to you all that are thinking of doing it

Got my welcome pack today, very speedy turn around considering some people seem to be waiting ages to get there stuff.

Quick question tho, i just tried to log into the website with the username and password provided but it says my account is currently disabled. Anyone else have this issue? It says call the number given but only in office hours so i'll call tommorrow but just wondered if its just me of if this is normal?

[what you need to do with your megger is to get a Cali box then record all your resualts ,just to show your checking your test kit then calibrate every 12 months just to be sure it costs £60 ish [/QUOTE]

I am under the impression that if you check your calibration every month and record the results you will only need to have your meter calibrated every three years. I don't know if you get the same three years for the check box or if that remains annual?

I got the socket & see CB200 from that online site with a name like siswww (can't remember exactly, but it will be easy to find, just google the check box or any of the popular meter brands like Fluke/Meggar. They are actually part of Edmundson) The CB200 cost me around £80 delivered, which I think is a very good price and it will do everything you need for a typical multifunction tester. The only problem is it will trip the rcd when checking the rcd tests (and high current loop test) so you will need to install a non-rcd socket next to your consumer unit and label it 'TESTER ONLY'

If you really don't have a non-rcd protected way on your consumer unit then maybe the more expensive check boxes will deal with this problem: I don't know.

I got the socket & see CB200 from that online site with a name like siswww (can't remember exactly, but it will be easy to find, just google the check box or any of the popular meter brands like Fluke/Meggar. They are actually part of Edmundson) The CB200 cost me around £80 delivered, which I think is a very good price and it will do everything you need for a typical multifunction tester. The only problem is it will trip the rcd when checking the rcd tests (and high current loop test) so you will need to install a non-rcd socket next to your consumer unit and label it 'TESTER ONLY'

If you really don't have a non-rcd protected way on your consumer unit then maybe the more expensive check boxes will deal with this problem: I don't know.[/QUOTE

cheers mate
i know the site you mean
my consumer unit is fully protected and there are no spare unprotected ways so i will probably have to get the more expensive one i will see what elecsa say thanks for replies

should i get a filing system e.g. for certs, H&S file, risk assesment etc so it loks more organized also is it ok to use a fluke T5 -1000 as my voltage indicator ?? gs38 says its better to use one without multifunction dial as the t5 has? and is it better to use a proving uni rather than a known supply? for assessment cheers

Last edited:
Well done Sparky83!

I joined ELECSA about 3 months ago. They too phoned me and said I could be assessed the next week! I had to put them off so I could get all the prep work done, but it was only 3 weeks later when the assessor came out though. Yes I had the energy saving lamps question too! (Had to look it up in the Part P Guide!!) The assessor was fine about it though.

Can't remember having any probs loging into me account with them Like. Give them a call, I've found them very helpful!

Brucelee, have a look at the "CalCard" in the ELECSA Shop. A handy 'quick check' for your tester!

I have mine on the 11th October, I particularly liked the tip on storing books in a man bag and folder for certificates, it sure would give a good impression.

Good luck!

hi mate cheers
seen them ok for continuity and insulation resistance but you also have to do zs and rcd and my ccu all protected by rcd so cant do the full zs test on my sockets as it will trip rcd
as for the question on energy saving lights is it not 1 out of every 4 need to be energy saving ??

Last edited:
Why join a money making scheme anyway? I have been working, self employed and subbing for 10 years and if anyone wants proof of competency, I show them my JIB card which costs me £30 every 3 years and that beats them into submission every time.

A JIB card aint going to satisfy the part p patrol though. Agree with what you say regards competency.

But as cagedanimal says, its cheaper than having to pay LABC charges each time you do some nitifiable work.

I had mine earlier this year, got myself into a bit of a state beforehand but soon realized it wouldn't be that hard. Make sure your meter/s are up to date with calibration cert, stay calm and think about your answers and you'll be fine.

Sound advice from UKPABLO. They asked me much the same - telling him that he's a **** and taking him down the pub also helped I found!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Elecsa assesment Monday, only registered yesterday!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock