Discuss Fire Rated Spotlights in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys

After some opinions I've been asked to install some halogen spotlights in a pub and I'm wondering if I should use fire rated ones or not. There is no accommodation above or below!

Ash

rather use LED. and fire rated are not necessary, but most of us prefer them as apart from the obvious, they're usually better build quality.

I agree IDE rather used fire rated but the club/pub is run as a none profit making organisation which has been hit hard so they are trying to make improvements on a budget LED would be ideal for the energy efficiency! But the initial outlay is a lot higher!

Ash

I know some might disagree but i like toolstation downlights. Their prices start at 5.98 for mains firerated downlights in either polished, brushed or white. I find gu10 leds are coming down a lot in price and pointing out to them the amount of energy cost and lamp replacement cost they would save its a win in the long run.

Reply to Fire Rated Spotlights in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi There Just a quick one, I'm wondering what's everyone's thoughts on this are. A subby has clipped a cable to a plaster board ceiling using 3m...
Replies
Views
I'm installing mag-locks and fire door hold-open magnets at the moment and I'm wondering if any of the cable should be fire performance cable...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i'm just after a definitive answer regarding a fire alarm system in a communal area/stairwell. There are call points, smoke heads &...
Replies
Views
Hi there fire rated down lights in a dropped false ceiling with no insulation and 2.5 watt LED lamps in cladding in kitchen with room space above...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Please may I ask if light fixtures must now always be fitted by an electrician? also for domestic homes, is it okay for there to be a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock