Search the forum,

Discuss Garo Entity Pro in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a Garo Entity Pro and my phone cannot find the Garo-CU to connect my wifi to the Garo app so at the moment it is charging at 16A and I would like to change it to 32A, is there a manual way to change the amperage inside the charging unit. Thanks for any advice.

The factory send out all the Garo Pro Entities set at 16A it is nothing to do with the installer, then you can change the amps, unfortunately for me the manual only informs of how to change the amps through the Garo Connect app as I cannot connect it to the internet I cannot set the charger to 32A so I wondered if anyone knew how to set it manually inside the unit, as in my post.

The Garo installation manual implies both the 'owner' and 'installer' need the app to complete the installation process. It seems to me that parameters such as charging current are likely set in the software, which points to an internet connection being necessary. The method of connection (wifi, ethernet, SIM) is part of installation planning, and setting up the connection is part of the install process.

It sounds maybe that the owner/installer steps (section 4.13) haven't been followed to get the Garo communicating with their server, so that the app can work?

I know I have an internet problem, the charger was setup properly and for some reason the wifi dropped out and does no longer appear on my phones network that is why I wanted to know if anyone knew of any way to set the amps inside the charger. I will probably try a factory reset and see if that revives the network connection.

Reply to Garo Entity Pro in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back