Currently reading:
Hello new forum software!

Discuss Hello new forum software! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Hello new forum software!

Feel free to post to this forum etc. Loads need doing, including porting the likes over etc. But it's usable. Anything you post on here will be kept and stay online when we switch back to the correct domain name. We're just using this domain name for the next few hours while we fix the issues with NGINX. Some software we use on the server.

Things that need doing include styling the usernames and that kinda jazz. And perhaps double checking and fixing user permissions for access-only areas. Which wont take too long. I just want to get this switched to the new domain first so am working through the issue related to that.

Tapatalk wont work yet either. And other add-ons/customisations we had on the old forum need adding again to this. Which wont take long once we're on the actual domain.

will we be able to have the option of changing the skin?
Perhaps not. Once all forums are ported over (we have one more to do) I've got a couple of custom styles I'm testing out. Something akin to www.avforums.com that's heavily customised. So changing the colours and changing square buttons to round ones won't really interest the masses it'll be more about making it clutter free and content rich and pulling off awesome deals.

Hi Dan, I can't access the trainee section of the site. I was registered on it and my profile has 'trainee access', but no joy in viewing that section of the forum. Appreciate you've done a massive amount of work on the forum recently, so no rush mate, just thought I'd give you a heads up. Cheers. J

Hi Dan, I can't access the trainee section of the site. I was registered on it and my profile has 'trainee access', but no joy in viewing that section of the forum. Appreciate you've done a massive amount of work on the forum recently, so no rush mate, just thought I'd give you a heads up. Cheers. J

You should now have access again. Let me know that you are back in please.

I just clicked on Kamakazes avatar and frightened myself to death - ----- burnt into my retinas! Never again

I have to get into shape for Movember in November. I’m up against some serious competition, so I’m having to raise my game a bit.:)

Hi Dan, sorry for the delay, I've been working away in the UAE, with limited net access.
The problem does no seem to be resolved. Many thanks.
That was solved weeks ago. Log out and back in. Refresh your browser. Whatever. Literally nobody else has the issue bro so it's your end.

Hi, just to let you know I am still wasting the planets oxygen... currently gainfully employed as in Instument techying, however as retirement age is looming close on the Horizon , I plan to start my own little Electrical business. Small Install, test and Inspection. For this I will need to come up to speed with 17th, and probably have to resit my test and inspection qualifications, as I would imaging they are out of date now. I sat them some 14 years ago. Live and prosper all you Sparky's

Hi, just to let you know I am still wasting the planets oxygen... currently gainfully employed as in Instument techying, however as retirement age is looming close on the Horizon , I plan to start my own little Electrical business. Small Install, test and Inspection. For this I will need to come up to speed with 17th, and probably have to resit my test and inspection qualifications, as I would imaging they are out of date now. I sat them some 14 years ago. Live and prosper all you Sparky's

Reply to Hello new forum software! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back