Search the forum,

Discuss Help a poor student whose hand in is tomorrow!!! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

no mate. by 13amp socket its the max it can pull.

let me respond to your question with a question.

if your house has 2 ring circuits on 32amp mcb's. a 60amp cooker mcb and a 32amp shower circuit.

why has it only got a 100amp incoming fuse?

its all to do with diversity mate

(type b mcb's come in 6,10,16,32, etc)

remember the mcb is to protect the cable not the device.

i recomend you buy the onsite guide and have a read through it

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1849192871/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1370374964&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

CCC of 2.5mm in conduit , ref. method B , is 24A so a 20A MCB would be appropriate.

As a reference for both you and your tutor I would refer you to Appendix 15 of BS7671:2008 Ring and Radial Circuit Arrangements : Regulation 433.1 on pp425.

Regulation 433.1 in the title of the Appendix directs the reader in pp81 and specifically 433.1.103, I strongly suggest you read it before proceeding and ensure you understand it.

Ok having got a copy of the regs (don't ask how i did that at 11pm), I think the problem arose because I had forgot that the circuit is "unlikely to exceed for long periods of time the current carrying capacity of the cables" (433.1.5)

Cheers for all the help gents

Lazy

Reply to Help a poor student whose hand in is tomorrow!!! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ok i may get slated for this one but here goes; A bit of background info first. Its been a while since ive looked at my iee regs, and ive not...
Replies
Views
I am trying to understand how a relay system works and have designed a circuit and a ladder diagram all as attached for an 8 PIN relay, a current...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi All I’m in a bit of a quandary at work and need a couple of things clearing up if poss. I’m the maintenance...
Replies
Views
Hello, So I'm an idiot homeowner who has enough knowledge to be dangerous.. I tried to make my own shortcut by tinkering and I seem to just be...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock