Search the forum,

Discuss Here we go again- Feed in tariff cuts to come in weeks in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

We've been expecting that for a while. So no surprise for us, I reckon there will be a complete re-alignment of both the FiT and RHI schemes during October / November with details formally announced in January, so we won't really have clue whether there will be any support beyond April 2016 until then.

FiT what FiT?
RHI What RHI?

Government departments slated for overspend and not managing budgets properly, with some of the cuts to departments slated at as high as 40% Draw up 40% cuts plans, George Osborne tells Whitehall departments - BBC News

FiT and RHI budgets are both overspent despite the degressiion measures, and on top of that DECC has to save £70m (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33013567 )

And some public perception that renewables are costing Joe public money, I see a massive ramp up in promotion of the Green Deal and Finance plans to replace FiT and RHI...

Thoughts please, or am I well wrong?

Last edited:
Listening to what she said, they aren't interested in Mr & Mrs Joe Bloggs (JB), they are interested in the BIG schemes, that give then an easy answer to their obligations.

However the challenges is that the small scale fit =<50kW and the Domestic RHI (i.e that managed by the MCS Scheme) have been excellent vehicles for educating and getting buy in at the individual level, which then translates to looking at energy efficiency in the work place..

Wind/Solar without subsidy = Large Scale deployment, not MicroGeneration (aka MCS)

11:33 I have had to reduce subsidies as already over spending on budget...

No comfort for the MCS market place in her words.. Vs Big Business / Bankers who will be very happy with her words so far..
11:49 she confirms that its big businesses with money that she's talking to..
@ 11:51 they talk about the alienation of Mr & Mrs Joe Blogs, remove the MCS opportunity for JB and you'll p**s off even more JB's ....

(11:23 - 11:52 Renewable Energy / Carbon Saving )

Last edited:
12 months ago Mark Group were in the s**t with the cockup over the External wall insulation funding and about to go to the wall, since about October last year, they've been raking it in again based on ECO funding, and also back to their roots of loft and cavity wall insulation, all paid for in one way or the other by the Govt through cert and now eco. A big part of their client base is the Social Housing market place, so that will also be a big market for solar on new Social Housing projects.

A shrewd move, they probably picked it up for not a lot as MG lost a vast swathe of their good people in the middle of last year.

Reply to Here we go again- Feed in tariff cuts to come in weeks in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net