Search the forum,

Discuss hot tub in garage (diversity) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i'd not do it. i like polar bears too much.

So would any of you install this ..or tell customer he needs new supply

Yeah, as said in a previous post. Tap off the mains supply from the house with a switched fuse unit and supply it like that.
If they want it installed it can be done. There will be definitely be a little diversity to be applied, it won't take the full whack.

Yes I don't see the problem that you are obviously seeing
The only issue the customer may have is when it is first filled or filled after a clean which only happens around once every 6 months with the quantity of water specified heaters could be running for couple of days or more to get up to temperature. My mates hottub takes around 1600 litres of water and takes around 18 - 24 hours to get from cold tap temperature to 40°C after a full clean.
The key to low energy use with a hottub is to keep it covered when it is not being used so the heat isn't being lost and keep the pH and chemical levels right so the water changes are kept to a minimum
The insulation on hottubs is quite good and with a cover on lose very little heat as an example a few years ago my mates tub developed a fault the outside temperature at the time was between 2°C and -2°C after 48 hours with no heaters or pumps running the water temp had dropped from 40°C to 25°C

So the biggest problem is likely to be the customer not looking after the water or using the wrong chemicals, chlorine can be very aggressive on the components in a hottub

Yes I don't see the problem that you are obviously seeing
The only issue the customer may have is when it is first filled or filled after a clean which only happens around once every 6 months with the quantity of water specified heaters could be running for couple of days or more to get up to temperature. My mates hottub takes around 1600 litres of water and takes around 18 - 24 hours to get from cold tap temperature to 40°C after a full clean.
The key to low energy use with a hottub is to keep it covered when it is not being used so the heat isn't being lost and keep the pH and chemical levels right so the water changes are kept to a minimum
The insulation on hottubs is quite good and with a cover on lose very little heat as an example a few years ago my mates tub developed a fault the outside temperature at the time was between 2°C and -2°C after 48 hours with no heaters or pumps running the water temp had dropped from 40°C to 25°C

So the biggest problem is likely to be the customer not looking after the water or using the wrong chemicals, chlorine can be very aggressive on the components in a hottub

Reply to hot tub in garage (diversity) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock