Currently reading:
How not to use a holesaw!

Discuss How not to use a holesaw! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

mate thanks for the help with the alarm the other week all is well thanks to you mate cheers I had wired it the way you said the power and the bell battery back up would have had me lol

Last time i fitted one didnt have a battery back up

so cheers mate for info and advice

mate what do ya use for a contact on a french doors ended up sticking a small peice of plastic to the door same material the size of the contact so they would line up correctly how would you do it mate

Looks nasty mate, that’s going to remind you every day how dopy you have been. Take it easy!
Safety notice.jpg

mate thanks for the help with the alarm the other week all is well thanks to you mate cheers I had wired it the way you said the power and the bell battery back up would have had me lol

Last time i fitted one didnt have a battery back up

so cheers mate for info and advice

mate what do ya use for a contact on a french doors ended up sticking a small peice of plastic to the door same material the size of the contact so they would line up correctly how would you do it mate

what i do, if it's going to look unsightly, fitting a contact, is to fit a shock sensor instead. then there's nothing to be attached to the opening door.

Cheers tel

i thought this after i had run the alarm wire to back door because after I had they said they were replacing the back door with some french doors and it was only when they were in that i could see they wouldnt line up

i just cut a small peice of the same material of plastic and stuck it to door so they would line up

But i was thinking the same some kind of window sensor would have been better

so the shock sensors you are referring to are wireless or wired to the frame then a wirless sensor fitted to the door i will have to have a look for them for next time

cheers Tel

Last edited:

Reply to How not to use a holesaw! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock